Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skibartlett

Poster: A snowHead
Need to get some bindings mounted to my new ski's and Skibarlett aren't too far from me. Anyone had any experience of having bindings mounted by them?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not personally, but I know a lot of people who have and Bartletts have a very good reputation. But not the cheapest of places....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
monotokpoint, they have masses of fans on here. (But I know nothing about the technicalities of mounting bindings.)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
monotokpoint, several years ago they set up my Head GS skis for me complete with bindings, they know what they are doing with both skis and boots and have a deservedly good reputation, as RobW, not the cheapest of places but I can't see them doing a bad job so perhaps it is a case of getting what you pay for
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think binding mounting, etc is charged more or less the same at any ski shop in the UK.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They mounted my old bindings onto a new pair of skis bought through them at a discounted price. No complaints here!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They've done a pair for me, and done some servicing work on some other skis. Service has been good on both occasions, and their technician has taken a fair bit of time to make sure they were mounted how I wanted them, and they did a good job of it.

Prices seem pretty similar to anywhere else - I think mounting my bindings was about £25, which seems fair for the labour involved in getting it right.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool thanks all. I will go with them I think
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monium, Well said. We've been charging 16 euros, that's the end of that, the checks that need to be made to ensure top sheets are correctly placed, skis are actual pairs, relenting and drilling for future possibilities, and a clean tight purchase can make things quite intense. We regularly have Pros come by "Jus to drill up some stoke." they feck 'em every time and destroy our tools. Actual drilling time is a matter of seconds, checks and preparation are fairly time consuming.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Binding mount, on average £10 cash on last 8 pairs race I have had done in different places (none in London). Bartletts are very good.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Bartlett's, and anyway, any excuse to go an hang around that Aladdin's Cave is a good one. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
used them acoupl or 3 times, binding mount, andd ski repairs. Very good service
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Monium, Well said. We've been charging 16 euros, that's the end of that, the checks that need to be made to ensure top sheets are correctly placed, skis are actual pairs, relenting and drilling for future possibilities, and a clean tight purchase can make things quite intense. We regularly have Pros come by "Jus to drill up some stoke." they feck 'em every time and destroy our tools. Actual drilling time is a matter of seconds, checks and preparation are fairly time consuming.

After seeing a ski with binding literally pulled out of the ski, and wondering how on earth I'd get down a nasty piste and back to resort in that situation, I got a bit more anal about this sort of thing. There's things to bodge, and there's things to do or get done properly.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Monium, given that I'm a twenty plus stone male on Head Race Dept GS skis supplied by Bartletts I don't think you need worry about proper jobs being done by them, if a binding mounted by them won't pull out under my weight it won't pull out under anyones Embarassed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Monium Copy Bode and do those one foot short radius all the way home a technque for every turn quiver, or GS if you have the above Head RD GS. Carry the other, David Cameron like over the shoulder in a self satisfied stance swooping through the proles
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
Monium, given that I'm a twenty plus stone male on Head Race Dept GS skis supplied by Bartletts I don't think you need worry about proper jobs being done by them, if a binding mounted by them won't pull out under my weight it won't pull out under anyones Embarassed

Sorry, that's what I meant - given the consequences of failure, I put them in to them to mount bindings. Not that they fitted the bindings that failed - that was a photo of someone else's ski (I think on here) and was fitted by the manufacturer from memory as a result of a pretty massive crash, but nonetheless it became a concern for me, which is why I use them.
latest report
Actually also to be fair to Ski Bartlett they almost threw a fit when I said I'd be using Rossignol Soft 1 boots with race skis, please no one else without very very strong leg muscles try anything as foolish as that, it's only because I have plenty of experience skiing that I even consider such rash behaviour, however they are the most comfortable best fitting ski boots I've ever had and so I was willing to risk it, part of the reason I use those boots is that they can accomodate my 19 inch calf muscles and those same muscles give me the control that stiffer boots would give less well equiped skiers Laughing
ski holidays
monotokpoint, ski bartlett are awesome. used to be supported by them when they started doing freestyle/freeride stuff and they definitely know their stuff. Also their shop is badass Neh Neh
ski holidays
monotokpoint, have ordered a few sets of sale skis for the kids over the past few years, with bindings mounted and have had excellent customer service
snow conditions
clownprinces wrote:
Also their shop is badass Neh Neh

is that good or bad Puzzled wink
snow report
clownprinces wrote:
Also their shop is badass Neh Neh

Definitely - its one of the most Aladdin's Cave type ski shops I've been in, a far cry from the white, sterile world of the big chains and staffed by real snowsports enthusiasts.
snow report
Oh dear, I was planning to take my skis there for servicing shortly. Best leave my credit card at home.
latest report
Pedantica, and you'll have the disadvantage of being closer to the ground where numerous tidbits seem to be displayed wink
latest report
Thanks for the 'sizeist' info! wink
snow report
Has anyone used SkiBartlett for ski boots and fittings. I've got huge boney ankles which has caused me all ends of problems with hire boots. Had a nice pair of my own boots which suited pretty well but i think I've lost them in a recent house move-so I'm looking for a decent boot fittersin the London area and saw that they aren't too far away.

Cheers
ski holidays
Pedantica, admit it, you've always had a craving for a race suit - now's your chance! wink

Last time I was there (some years ago, admittedly) they had a couple of pairs of speed skis in the rack. Now they were a real eye-opener! Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
andyph, Shocked Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
absolutely brilliant, poor website but if you know what your looking for it's brilliant, i have no clue what the F people here are talking about it's FAR cheaper than most other places, got a set of punishers for at least 30% cheaper than anywhere else(including shipping in from america) and also i've never seen them being more expensive than anywhere else. great customer service and even reserved skis for me while i tried them out at an indoor slope before i bought them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...the whole of Bartletts are just awesome guys... still family own and run - they deserve their good reputation and I would not hesitate to recommend them!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy