Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know anything about Fischer Maru 79 AKA AMC 79?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been keeping my eyes peeled for any decent planks that come up for sale for a couple of mates. We're off to St Anton and a few have boots but no skis and given the rental prices might be a good shout to spend the money on some decent pre-loved skis.

A pair of these has popped up, good nick and local but can't find much about them that isn't in French? Googling it would appear they are AKA AMC 79's? Anyone offer any insight into what these are like? At 176 they might be a smidge too short, mates are around the 6'2" mark and 14-15st. Any guidance appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grizwald, Its a AMC 79 without rail flex but with a small plastic plate. so you will need to get the bindings moved. they only seemed to make them for the french market? Ski bilek had loads of them a few years ago and they went very cheap on ebay. A mate has skied them ,and from what i remember he said they were very very light, gripped very well. He liked them and he was a good skier.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a pair of amc79 that I bought and then sold on here... Wish I had kept them. That we're a great ski. Full of energy and loved to be driven hard. Perfect all mountain ski for non powder off piste and big turns on piste. If I remember right they had a semi carbon core (I-beam?) which contributed to the light weight, but they were very stiff personally and would just crush through crud. If I saw another pair for the price I sold mine for, I'd snap them up. A better ski than the k2 recon imo. Buy them and sort the bindings out.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. I can have them for £140 been skied 2 weeks + postage the guys a UK size 9 so don't know if they're a bargain at that or not? Slightly concerned over the length but if they're stiff enough should be OK.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On the length; I'm 6'4" and weigh around 95kg (14.5st) and had the 181. It was perfect. Shorter length will be fine if you're mostly on piste with a little off. Ski a lot of steeper stuff where you want more grip and you might want the longer length.

You could always get them and you'd likely sell them again for the same price if you don't get on with them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm if they were a little longer they may have done me, but as it is sounds as if they're ideal for one of the lads on the look out for a pair.

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy