Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pedestrian access to mountain restaurants in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked to go to Tignes the week before Christmas. Daughter and husband are coming with us, good so far. Lift passes have been bought (with an early booking deal, and only seven weeks till we go Very Happy Daughter has just owned up to being pregnant, and will be 17weeks by the time of the holiday. She is unsure about skiing, the midwife has just said "check your insurance". But if she doesn't ski, are there any eateries she can get to on foot, (with her lift pass) to join us for lunch? We chose Tignes for the snow, and I know that it is not really a place for non skiers, any suggestions for things she can do, other than put her feet up?
I have forgiven them, this is a grandchild we are talking about Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
margaret, Most of the restaurants in Tignes are in the town itself, she could get to the Panoramique on the Grande Motte and the one at the top of Toviere without skis. I think the one at the top of the Bollin chair has a tracked vehicle that can take people to it and back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with rjs, additionally there is a regular bus service to Val (about 10E return) to meet up in the centre if your keen to eat up the mountain you can get the Fornet Cable Car to Le Signal or at a push The Olympique with a short (but quite steep across a busy piste) to the restaurant there. If budget is no option she could also get the La Daille bubble to La Fruiterie (the posh side of the Folie Deuce).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As rjs says I think your best bet would be the one at the top of the funicular (from Val Claret), the views are pretty stunning from up there, or the Aeroski gondola out of le Lac.

Also, I think the leisure centre in le Lac is free with a lift pass, it's got a swimming pool and a few other bits so something to do during the day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
margaret, yes, up the funicular would be good - easy, not out in the freezing cold (though it's cold when you get up there)

Personally I'd ski at 17 weeks - I windsurfed all through my third pregnancy, till week 38 (wasn't a pretty sight) but it's a very personal decision.

The leisure centre is good - if the water is not too cold. Last time I was in Tignes I didn't go there, because people said the water was cold and I'm a wimp.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pam, I think that insurance allowing, she may well give it a go. She is a very good skier, but has agreed that it may to be politic to ski at my pace! After all, in French resorts the pistes are usually empty at lunch time. As she says, at that stage everything is pretty much tucked away. Whether she can get into her sallopettes is another matter Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy