Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort Alpe D'heuz or Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Me & my OH are looking at alpe d'heuz or Les Deux Alpes for Newyear. Can you tell me which is the better resort to stay in?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome on SH. Please do a search, you'll find lots of information on this topic. E.g. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=45317.

I prefer Alpe d'Huez to Les 2 Alpes, but others disagree.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tross, welcome to snowheads. snowHead If you want more substantive answers to those questions you'll need to be much more specific about what you like, and dislike, about a ski resort and what kind of skiing you like. Some people think Meribel is simply wonderful; I dislike it. It all depends. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The short answer is that Alpe D'Huez is best for the skiing but Les Deux Alpes is best for the resort vibe.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
L2A at New Year may well be scary. The only ski resort where I have felt threatened and unsafe.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
didn't I read on snowheads that a cable car link was opening in 2012 Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty

Did you feel threatened in resort or on the pistes?

Dobby
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty - really surprised at this, been to LDA twice before, and never felt any unease at all. What was so threatening?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Even the locals would admit that LDA can be a bit nasty at New Year. Gangs of Italian youths I believe.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Been to LDA a few times in Summer and Winter.

We was there last New Year with our girls 11 and 13, no trouble in the day at all, New Years Eve the Italians went up and down the main street in cars until about 4 in the morning. Staying in a Hotel on the main street was quite noisy. They are suppose to be quite troublesome in the bars on New Years Eve too. However, if there is an up-side, it has to be that we got more piste's under our skis on New Years day than we did all week, due to most being out for count.

Going again this year but are staying in an Hotel of the main drag, out the way.

Nick
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jocrad, in the town at night. We went at the start of November to the modal, so lots of young uns around.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've never had any problems at LDA at other times and I've had a total of about 8 weeks there.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Didn't go to ADH at new year so can't help on the festivities front, but I stayed with a bunch of lads (25-35 age) at the same time as the BUSC get-together and it was a pretty good place to be for partying. There are a few good bars that are a bit swankier for a quiet drink and a fair few booze-up joints to go get leathered in, plus loads that fit the description inbetween.

As a ski/board resort it's excellent, although we were let down by thawing snow at the end of March (not going to be an issue at NY). I posted a review of my trip here and there are plenty of in-depth reviews all over the internet. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alpe d'Huez for New Year. 2Alpes that week is full of Italian chavs getting drunk, looking for a fight and stealing things, atmosphere can be a bit unpleasant. It's nothing like that at at other time of year, but I wouldn't choose to go for New Year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I visited ADH a few years back and was a decent place to go, but we also nipped over to LDA by helicopter for one day and I really wasn't a fan of the pistes there... seemed a little limited and confined. I'd definitely choose ADH out of the two. VT for me this year.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, sorry to hear that, please don't let it put you off, we've been in early March for the last two years and had no issues.
snow report
tross, listen to Lizzard
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy