Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats your head worth?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

So can we logically conclude that the the safest helmets are indeed expensive but that many expensive helmets, though jolly pretty, are not proven to be any safer than the bog standard ones?

Yes, for sure - but equally there's no evidence that they're not safer. IMV this one of the things it's better to be safe than sorry about, and, to me at least, if you sit a couple of helmets together, the quality of the Sweets is clear. To each their own though. Your completely right about comfort and fit of course, but LISTENING TO MUSIC WHILST SKIING?? Shocked Shocked Skullie That'll kill unicorns and kittens and stuff.

wink

Quote:

Your amendment implied that some manufacturers are unofficially involved. That's interesting - what does that imply?

It wasn't meant to imply that, just most manufacturers do their own -in house' tests, but it's pretty hard for them to put any useful standardised information across without spending a lot of money. I do think the basic tests are pretty poor, and I think there's a good few helmets (like the £10 Lidl jobs) that pass the tests but really won't do much in a crash. But hey ho.

Reading back, my initial post here was a bit harsh. I would apologise, but being rational and level-headed in a helmet thread would just be wrong wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 28-10-11 23:07; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

That'll kill unicorns and kittens and stuff.

Sure, I do that all the time. Unicorn blood makes me immune to the injuries to which an inferior helmet might expose me and the kittens pull our rubbish sacks to bits overnight; they're asking for it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where's the helmet fitter, does CEM or smallzookeeper have one?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy