Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Profeet or Conformable????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody tried both?

I'm after some footbeds for my ski boots. I don't do anywhere near enough skiing to warrant seeing a bootfitter and throwing a lot of money at it, but I'm just after some new footbeds to see if they'll assist with the odd niggle.

Sometimes, after skiing for an hour or so I start to get cold toes and the odd bit of cramp. It isn't every time and is probably a little down to variations in how I do my buckles up, but someone has suggested that my feet might be "rolling" out slightly cutting off the blood supply a little causing the cold and cramp.

I had some second hand boots once that had profeet in them and I seem to recall they were pretty comfy, but I have a local sports shop that sell the odd bits of ski gear and they sell conformable's and have the heat moulding machine..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shootingmike, most bootfitters will do just a footbed. As long as you don't expect them to do it on the busiest days of the week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shootingmike, the product profeet makes is a SMU of the conformable product, (made to their specification by conformable and logo'd for them)

at the end of the day it is not the product, but the guy/gal making them. making an appointment wherever you go will ensure that you get the attention of the fitter
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, I googled the acronym SMU and got quite a few options here Shocked
For the non cogniscenti, could you explain what your SMU acronym is Puzzled Madeye-Smiley

Personally, I think modern business has too many TLAs wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Special Make Up (ie custom produced specifically for them)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh my God, just realised what a complete lady's front bottom I am! I don't mean profeet at all!!

I mean superfeet!! Sorry Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shootingmike, ok to answer your question, it depends on your foot

the superfeet off the shelf product is great, gives good support and a 60 day money back guarantee, so you can't go far wrong, they also offer a custom product which is less widely available, again with the same guarantee

conformable do make an off the shelf product, but mostly what you see is custom, if made well it is great, if made badly then you would be better off with the superfeet off the shelf product
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks CEM, you see, that is my concern.... The local shop sell some skiing stuff but seem to do less every year. They have a machine that looks like you stand on it and the conformable insoles are above it priced at about 35 quid, whereas Brighams want about 70. BUT, although they have the machine, do they know how to use it properly? Instead, for 35 quid, the superfeet seem like a reasonable option for what I need.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try it, if it doesn't do what you need it has the guarantee
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy