Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara or Colfosco?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Dolomites from Australia solo for 2 weeks in mid January 2012.

Think I have found available accommodation in Corvara and Colfosco. Seem to get a bit more for the Euro in Colfosco as can get a double room for the price of a Corvara single room.

Before I book, just wondering if anyone can give me some feedback.

Can you easily access the same ski areas from Colfosco that you can from Corvara?

Also, if one village is nicer than the other to spend a couple of weeks in. Just keen on chilling out, improving my skiing and going out for a few drinks here and there and meeting a few people.

Will not have a car, so not sure how easy it is to travel between the two places in evening.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Manski wrote:
Can you easily access the same ski areas from Colfosco that you can from Corvara?

The answer to that question is definitely YES. There's a two-way chairlift between the two. Maybe that runs in the evening as well. It's not all that far. You'll have the vast Sella Ronda and all of its satellite valleys to ski, wherever you stay.

I've not stayed in either village; one thing that I can remember is that there's a vast, sad looking motorhome park between the two, easily visible from the two-way chairlift (I think nearer the Corvara end); I wouldn't want to be in a room overlooking it, with all the beautiful Dolomite scenery in other directions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Manski, While I loved Corvara for the accommodation and access to lots of great skiing I'm not sure there's any special reason for going there from Colfosco in the evening. I don't recall the chairlift running in the evening
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've stayed in Colfosco (2002) and enjoyed that (the Kolfuschgerhof, quite an expensive hotel). We didn't go out much of an evening but were happy relaxing at the hotel.

I think Corvara is a little bigger than Colfosco, so I would expect more nightlife there.

The skiing's great (and practically the same) from both. I don't think that the lift between them runs in the evening (can remember hoping not to miss the last lift after doing the Sella Ronda) but probably a taxi doesn't cost much.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
espri, Corvara doesn't have much nightlife really, a few bars and restaurants but not necessarily worth the effort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Manski, It's a lovely area. We're staying in Corvara Jan 2012 here http://www.postazirm.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent. Thank you all so much.

Colfosco it is- although the Posta Zirm in Corvara looks amazing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Manski, if you're there for that long then you'll be able to ski everywhere on the Sella Ronda. Make sure you spend a day on Arabba's slopes and make the effort to ski the Marmolada glacier....it's all lift linked and you can choose a nice sunny day. Corvara/Colfosco great for intermediate cruising. Enjoy snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Ignatius. That is one of the reasons I am going to Colfosco as it seems to be a gateway to a lot of great areas. Does it take long to get to Arabba?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can ski and lift etc to Arabba from Corvara in about 30 minutes or so.....Colfosco another 15 I'd guess. Take a look at a decent piste map for some orientation.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Manski, Also worth searching out the "Calling Sella Ronda fans" threads on this forum from previous years as they have loads of good info on the area.

You'll enjoy the area, I'm sure snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy