Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Killer Quivers! Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
hi all, need some advice. I am looking at mounting some bindings (something like markers) on my new pair of skis and having some fat skis so have come up with the Killer Quivers as a solution to enable me to change the bindings as opposed to having to buy 2 sets of bindings.

The problem is I was talking to a chap at the Ski Show at NEC who has used the Killer Quiver system, he said that the screws with pozi heads were very soft metal and were/are likely to mess up.

Anybody had any experience.

maybe the chap had a duff batch of screws!!!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roche1800, Been a few threads
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php?search_keywords=quiver+killer&search_fields=all&search_terms=all
spyderjon on here is also the UK distributor
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roche1800 wrote:
Killer Quivers!

Attack of the deadly skis?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roche1800, They are brilliant, get in touch with Jon, he'll sort them, just done my friends and mine..............excellent system. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just asked Jon to mount my new skis (and evnetually my old skis) with quiver killers - from what I've read there haven't been many complaints about the system (in fact given how crazy the idea sounds at first they seem to perform amazingly well!). snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have Quiver Killers fitted to my fat and all-mountain skis (done by Jon). I share one pair of bindings between the skis (although need two pairs of ski brakes) and the system works well. Not had a problem with 'soft screws', although using a bit of Loctite to keep them secure is a good idea.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jon fitted Quiver Killers to two pairs of skis for me just last week. Neat job too!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all, I do not doubt the quality of jons workmanship. I am merely posting a comment from someone who has used them in the field, so to speak, and the feedback is that the screwheads are soft and liable to deterioate. Has anyone used them during the last season. Has anyone had any experience of soft screw heads.

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roche1800 wrote:
I am merely posting a comment from someone who has used them in the field, so to speak, and the feedback is that the screwheads are soft and liable to deterioate. Has anyone used them during the last season. Has anyone had any experience of soft screw heads.

I'll let you know at the end of this season Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can you not get torque head screws
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
don't have quiver killers atm, but debating it for my new skis, which are sat here waiting to be drilled, but as ive got 1 more pair of bindings than ive got skis, no real need. but surely if your friend suggests the screws are too soft, either ask for some harder screws, or take your own with you/send them in with the skis. given that there all m5x0.8 set screws, lengths are given on jon's site, and your local engineering place will have a supply of them in various heads(pozi drive, torx, allen etc) and you can get titanium ones off ebay for pennies.

but if im fully honest, working in the engineering trade, if you use a no.2 pozi head screwdriver, in decent nick, to remove a no.2 pozi head screw, you very rarely chew one up, so dont see it as likely, sure after a few times they may start to chew, but then just whack a new one in there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kev182 wrote:
......if you use a no.2 pozi head screwdriver, in decent nick, to remove a no.2 pozi head screw, you very rarely chew one up....

Exactly Toofy Grin

These screws should not be overtightened. Inserts until the screw stops & then nip them up an eigth of a turn only. Use only Vibratite VC3 threadlock.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 29-10-11 23:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roche1800, I use Quiver Killers and haven't had a problem with screws. I use the inserts with telemark bindings, which can be particularly tough on screws.

It's worth saying that you can buy different qualities of M5 screws. Just buy some decent quality ones.

I find that I do need to be reasonably conscientious and check the screws every 3-4 days, even when using Loctite. I've just bought some of Jon's Vibratite stuff, which immediately looks better than the Loctite I was using, but I've not skied on the skis yet.

Do use epoxy with the inserts and don't be tempted to just use wood glue, otherwise you'll regret it and end up having to epoxy the inserts anyway. I speak from experience.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well chaps, it appears this system is a winner! i am only passing on info i have learnt . . .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, have you tried using these with plated skis?
latest report
kev182, thanks for the tech info.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
spyderjon, have you tried using these with plated skis?

Yep, done plenty of plates.

On a plastic plate I install the QK's like the one pictured which was for a BASI telemark trainer for a dual tele/alpine race ski set-up.

On metal plates there's no need to install the QK inserts in the plate as you can just drill/tap the plate for the M5 screws. QK's can then be installed in a wide ski to give a two ski piste/off-piste quiver sharing the one binding. Done lots of metal plates on Storm Inferno's like this which have then been paired with Whitedots - keep forgetting to take pics though rolling eyes
latest report
roche1800, I used them last season, swopping bindings between all mtn skis and some fat ones. Didn't see any issues with screw heads. all parts and installs done by Jon so I wasn't expecting any issues!

I did buy a small Pozi 2 screwdriver for this season though, made do with whatever I had last year which wasn't ideal....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy