Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with what ski Boots to buy.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just got some scott Aztec pro skis and am wondering what type of boots to buy.

I ski about 50% piste and 50% off with a maximum price of around £160-170 available.

I know little about different types of ski boot so this kind of info would be beneficial and if anybody has any recommendations of models and makes which i can look for when shopping.

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The ones that fit you best. They often cost a bit more than that to be honest, unless you strike lucky in a sale and the ones that fit you happen to be discounted.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What she said and be sure to go to someone who knows what they are doing. If they don't take the liner out of the shell and give you a shell fit (at min)- then go somewhere else. If you want performance, boots should not feel too roomy in the shop- I'm not saying they have to hurt, but a good boot fitter can grind out spots to make them bigger, but it is really hard to make them smaller. Remember the liners will typically pack out (get thinner) after you have skied a few dozen days or so.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Like as been said go see a good boot fitter be honest telling them about your ability and aspirations and let them do their job, avoid the high street chains (unless it is a branch at one of the indoor snow slopes) and don't decide what you want before hand.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hugthesnow, I am curious as to why you got a pair of skis first? Also whilst you can get boots for your budget i think it will be a challenge.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i will be shopping in london so will be going to snow & rock, & ellis and brigham and maybe some others any other good ones in london?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go to Bicester and see CEM at www.solutions4feet.co.uk/
London branch of a big chain you'll get a sales person who may or may not be interested in sking but will be interested in selling you something, Snowdome branch of the chains and you'll (normally at least) get a skier who happens to work in sports shop and knows what they are talking about. Go see CEM and if he hasn't got anything to fit you exactly right he will send you away empty handed (but may tell you exactly what to buy in what size to be fitted properly)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I heard somewhere that Surefoot aren't bad Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hugthesnow, if you cant make the trip out to see CEM at Bicester another (closer) alternative is Profeet on Fulham Rd. You might want to review your budget tho', fitting with inserts is £149 and then you need to add on the cost of the boot. Whilst it might sound expensive it would be a false economy not to have your boots properly fitted.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy