Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Surefoot is THE way forward...honestly!

Poster: A snowHead
Here is my take:

> Come back from holiday having had bad experience with new boots
    > Goto mystery bootfitter with strong accusations that the wrong boot was sold.
    > Back up accusations with feedback from Surefoot
    > Insist that you were sold the wrong boot
    > Conversation didn't go well...
    > You went back to Surefoot.

And anyway how do you know that Surefoot(as a competitor to mystery bootfitter) were not telling you what you wanted to hear?

I know that I could walk into any ski shop try on a few pairs of boots and choose the most comfortable pair of boots. This does not mean that the boots are a good fit!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jjc, rob@rar, OMG, I have made my mind up on new boots because of the functions of the boot rather than fit, my new boots have to do what I want and what they were designed to do, its taken the boot industry over 25 years to come up with a boot that does what my old ones do and now I am really worried wink

Oh well, suppose I better man up put my old Dachsteins in a display case, grab pop corn and a nice bottle of red, sit back and enjoy the ride Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roga, Same here - Shoes size 8/42 and therefore Mondo 27 by the charts. From S4F and Outdoor Traders size 25 - 25.5 - but there is no difference in shell.
Also gone for performance fit rather than comfort fit. PF is max 10mm behind heel to shell with no liner and toes just brushing front of boot. CF is double that. Have Salomon Impact CS 8s and have had 2 adjustments. One because top of big toe on one foot is 2mm higher than other and caught a plastic tab in the boot, so had to be blown out. Felt like a knife blade on top of toe! Two because stitched seam caught outside of right foot little toe. Otherwise fantastic to ski and each boot is 0.5kg lighter than previous size 27 boots - less unsprung weight and better for travel allowance!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
livetoski, I was very feature and function conscious, back when Dachsteins were popular and I was 25.

Now I want boots that fit, are tolerably comfortable and let me ski to the best of my ability.

No adjustments, except buckles.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bloody hell people...this has got way out of hand!!

As I have mentioned time and time again in this thread, it was the very poor customer experience over all, especially when I went back, from a professional boot fitter that is the purpose of my original post. You are all going off on a massive tangent and missing the point all together.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elston, you are way wrong.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hornster wrote:

As I have mentioned time and time again in this thread, it was the very poor customer experience over all, especially when I went back, from a professional boot fitter that is the purpose of my original post. You are all going off on a massive tangent and missing the point all together.

What I want to say is "well, you started it". So, who exactly are you accusing of delivering "the very poor customer service"? And do you, in any way, think you contributed? (that, on the basis that there is always one nightmare in a chalet and, if you can't work out who the nightmare is, it's probably you)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You could have just said something along the lines of 'I had rank boots fitted and Surefoot sorted me with ones that were better' instead of letting everyone play the guessing game.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hornster wrote:
You are all going off on a massive tangent and missing the point all together.
I think not. Read Admin's post again.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hornster wrote:

The thread probably would have finished now if you hadn't made a very clear point about the fitter being a snowhead.

Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hornster wrote:

M'lud may I refer the OP to the thread title:
Hornster wrote:
Surefoot is THE way forward...honestly!

May I also draw his/her attention to his/her summation of the purpose of the original post:
Hornster wrote:
... the point of this post is to make sure that you walk out the shop being happy with the experience and that you have a pair of boots that you can wear, with comfort, for longer than 15min when the boots have had time to cool down from the heated fitting process. If you feel excessive pressure, cramping, pain or other discomfort don’t leave the shop until you are happy that you have been given what you asked for!

May I also draw your attention m'lud to the absence of any mention of customer service in either the thread title or the afore mentioned summation.

We now have a situation where the original poster is insisting that the clearly stated purposes of the original post were not in fact the actual purposes of that post. This being the case might I suggest m'lud that we clearly have a situation where the thread title and original post has lured a number of perfectly innocent passers by into an extended discussion of boot fitting through no fault of their own and the originator of the thread may be in danger of having committed an offence under the thread descriptions act ... I rest my case Razz
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I worry about you lot - 4 pages and we still don't know what colour the boots were.
* shakes head in disappointment *
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alan empty, it's just that we've all sussed that there were no boots. I suspect it's no more than a clumsy, elaborate Surefoot advertorial.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

We now have a situation where the original poster is insisting that the clearly stated purposes of the original post were not in fact the actual purposes of that post. This being the case might I suggest m'lud that we clearly have a situation where the thread title and original post has lured a number of perfectly innocent passers by into an extended discussion of boot fitting through no fault of their own and the originator of the thread may be in danger of having committed an offence under the thread descriptions act ... I rest my case

Laughing Laughing Laughing keeps us off the streets though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing keeps us off the streets though.

I'm sure that's a great relief to the forces of law and order in Chichester and Le Beaufortain Pam Wink
ski holidays
roga, I've been thinking for some time that I need to get my boots checked out. Reading what you posted earlier about your shoe/ski boot size seems to back this up, I'm a shoe size 4 and my ski boots are 23/23.5. also got the OH to do a shell check for me this evening and he reckons I have 'about an inch' between my heel and the shell! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Wow, you don't follow snowheads for one day...

SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Chasseur, 4 hours, 1 evening, a few beers and a bit of a laugh, talked alot about skiing, various routes in Chamonix, skis, bindings and the sport in general, basically the same as any evening in Chamonix in any bar, or restaurant, only a féck of a lot better.

I'd add that my bootfitting experience at Sole include a midget creeping into the room, making a conspiratorial "shush" gesture behind the bootfitter's back and then going into what looked like a cupboard. And I'm pretty sure that was before any beers had been opened.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Chasseur, 4 hours, 1 evening, a few beers and a bit of a laugh, talked alot about skiing, various routes in Chamonix, skis, bindings and the sport in general, basically the same as any evening in Chamonix in any bar, or restaurant, only a féck of a lot better.

Pretty much sums up the experience, along with random locals wondering in for a chat, certain shenanigans by certain bootfitters. All very entertaining and takes your mind off the long and sometimes uncomfortable process of being suitably booted. I love my boots and how they fit. And now, I just like to swing by the shop when I'm in town to say hi and drop off a few beers and fondle the pre-loved skis stacked inside the door.

I've yet to see a midget Shocked

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 25-10-11 21:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Why badger the OP to reveal the fitter. The fitter will know who he is, and can come forward if bothered by the thread.

I consider SZK a god in this field and my experience was, and still is, bordering on total perfection. A friend went down the same path at the same time and is still convinced his boots were a bit too small.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Pedantica wrote:
Come on admin, pull this bloody thread, for the reasons you've already given.
What?!? We're only at Pandora Level 1.
But it's all so pointless! Has anyone ever consulted a dentist, a plumber, or a builder/decorator who has not slagged off the work of whom ever you consulted immediately before him? Well, no doubt it's the same with bootfitters in general and, perhaps, Surefoot in particular. Whoever the original bloody bootfitter is, none of us will never know if he made a mistake and/or was rude to the client, so what's the point arguing the toss? The only reason people are getting het up is because they think it's CEM's integrity which is being impugned. Note that he's being sensible enough to stay well out of this. We should all the do the same, it's a really, really silly thread.

And anyway, I've run out of popcorn. wink
latest report
Have a great ski season everyone. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Over and out!
ski holidays
So that's it?

Your only contribution to snowheads since February is to slag off an un-named bootfitter then you sulk off without giving said bootfitter a chance to redeem themselves or offer their side of the story?

I know folk are saying it's a pointless thread; it almost is. but you can't come on with a rant like the OP and expect not to have to divulge more info!
snow report
My votes for CEM i dont think im alone, szk is abroad, surefoot is his hero who else gets stellar recommendations on here.
Not as exciting as people hoped for, guy with pre conceived idea goes for boots fitter agrees on model but skiier gets them in the right size probably thinks they are too small as not comfy straight away, goes skiing spends a few days in pain along with maybe 50/75% of new boot wearers (correct size caveat) and moans like twät on here, trouble is you dont get stellar recommendations doing it badly so most folks ignore/write off OP as a moaner...
ski holidays
Sorry, have tried to be reasonable and constructive but the dogged attitude of the OP has rather defeated that - perhaps a sign that his/her attitude to the mystery bootfitter wasn't as reasonable as he/she would like us to think. Now it seems he/she is walking away and refusing to comment which also says a lot IMHO.

Agree with shoogly and I think I agree with geeo and I've now come round to agreeing with Pedantica (and some others) - think it might be an idea to remove this thread given the fact it's liable to damage the rep of more than one boot fitter and the OP certainly hasn't proved his/her case!
snow conditions
Anyone fancy a Bum?
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, giving, or taking?
snow conditions
I am in the opposite camp. The OP has had a whinge about ill-fitting boots and appalling post sales service. He has not named names BUT, again, the fitter WILL know if he/she fitted the boots in this case. It is very easy for them to contribute and put forward their side of the story. I know I would want to in light of the story told so far.

Service provider all make mistakes, and they will all experience difficult customers; it is how we deal with these difficult customers and other complaints that seperates the quality from the also-rans. I have had the very occaissional client that I have told to get stuffed as I thought they were being most unreasonable. I would however be able to put forward a reasoned argument as to why I had told them to get stuffed.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Anyone fancy a Bum?
no thanks, it would probably be too tight if you had assessed the job Shocked wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For the record, the OP has bought his boots in the UK and the brand was Salomon, SOLE is in Chamonix and we don't sell Salomon Impact boots, they have too much delta and too low an instep to remedy the problem in Our opinion.
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/KPgBTAAqgx4&feature=related

Is that you Frosty? Toofy Grin

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 26-10-11 9:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, the video is just like YOU........... not available in the UK!!
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Anyone fancy a Bum?
no thanks, it would probably be too tight if you had assessed the job Shocked wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing
But I don't agree with your other post, because you seem to be saying that, if the bootfitter thinks right is on his side, then he should come on here and say so and say why. I don't think it is ever right for a professional to slag off a client in public, whatever the circumstances. He would be digging his own professional grave if he did that, whatever the rights and wrongs.

roga, no, it would probably be a bit OTT to remove the thread altogether. I was being over-exuberant. wink

SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

we don't sell Salomon Impact boots, they have too much delta and too low an instep to remedy the problem
Omigod. Do I need to replenish the stock of popcorn? Shocked
ski holidays
Pedantica, I am not saying the fitter should slag off the client, just put forward his/her side. My wonderful boots did need a lot of clip fiddling in the first couple of weeks but it had been explained to me that this would be the case.

£550 is the sum involved and an accusation of behavior bordering on racism has been made, so the stakes are pretty high on both sides. I can see how a bootfitter would get annoyed in that a client is not happy BUT the initial contact by the client is AFTER a differnt company was engaged to alter the boots. Sooo much to discuss here.

Sweet or salted is another important question. Sweet for me (obv) Little Angel
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

I am not saying the fitter should slag off the client, just put forward his/her side
The danger is that that will come to one and the same thing if he thinks the client is in the wrong: I could imagine being the professional in that situation, feeling very aggrieved and getting altogether over-heated, which would make matters ten times worse and risk damaging the professional's reputation in itself. Much, much better to stay out of it altogether. And, because no third party can judge the rights and the wrongs, it would be pointless in any event to extend the argument on here. The principles - including the one just raised by Cutie - are all quite interesting, but the personal argument isn't.
snow report
I suspect that Hornster thinks he's doing Surefoot a big favour whilst damaging our "mystery bootfitter". It's had the opposite effect. He's handled it in such a hamfisted way that you cannot be sure if Surefoot are behind it or not. Either way, I now think less of them than I did before but my attitude towards Mr Mystery has become more positive (provided the free beer concept continues of course).

So, a loser is a loser, a Hornster is a Hornster, and in life people get the boots they deserve.
snow conditions
Pedantica, as always, some intelligent discussion and argument. You have swayed me and I now vote for the snip
ski holidays
Bode Swiller,
Quote:

provided the free beer concept continues of course
Now THERE'S a personal argument I'm prepared to conduct on here: I have never had a drink or a pie offered to me in Bicester and am seriously miffed. Evil or Very Mad wink
snow report
Quote:

an accusation of behavior bordering on racism

Frosty the Snowman, LOL, people from hot places who flop about in flip flops all year (like some Aussies and South Africans etc) have issues when it comes to clamping their feet in several kilos of hard plastic and expecting sheer luxury. It's a fact, not racism Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

You have swayed me
That, if I may say so, is a sheer physical impossibility! Laughing

[Edited to make sense]

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 26-10-11 10:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, Ah well, if he as an Aussie or a Saffer then stuff him wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy