Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Sickle vs S3?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi There,

I am looking for a ski for the pow days but also reasonably controlable on the rest of the mountain. Which would be better the S3 or the Sickle? Or are there others I should look at?

I am 5'10 (180cm) tall and weigh about 70kg, should I be looking at the 188cm rather than 174cm length? I've not skied that before (on 169 twin tips now).

Cheers,

James
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi James P

Here is a link to a previous thread on the S3's which includes another link to a Teton Gravity discussion on them:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=70407

Consensus seems to be that the S3's ski very short due to the extent of tip and tail rocker. They also measure shorter than the stated length e.g. the 188 actually measures something like 183/4 and the 178 about 173/4. Previous posters would recommend the 188 for you (i.e. "always go longer than you think") but I hope this response draws out some more comments because I'm keen to find out more about them too !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JamesP_Alta, if you haven't, check out http://blistergearreview.com/ - they give a great rap to both skis. Not sure if you'll be any the wiser in which to choose but good reading none the less.

I was actually looking at both these skis as well but was told the Sickle was too heavy for what I wanted. I've looked but can't find weights for either ski.

I'd love to hear what you decide on, why and how they go once you decide.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've found the S3's for sale with bindings for £350. Thinking this is too good to turn down?
Although someone has offered me some good condition s7's for £280 (no bindings), which is slightly tempting me even though I want something a bit more all mountain.

I am finding it very difficult to find the Sickles on sale anywhere. Can anyone help me out? UK or US stores are fine as I have an address in both.

Cheers,

James
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy