Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens transfer help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was going to be getting a nice convenient transfer with our TO from Chambery but some people in our group are flying to Geneva and apparently they'll only do one or the other for some reason. I wanted the Geneva people to just book ben's bus (actually cheaper than the TO transfer) but they're being arsey for some reason. So now I'm stuck trying to book transfers for 2 (at the moment) from Chambery.

Anyone got any good tips? At the moment I keep being quoted €275 a head and stuff, can only seem to find private transfers not shared ones.

Noticed on the Chambery airport website there's a coach that's €50 return, anyone used that before? It takes a bit longer than proper transfers, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper - can't seem to find anyone doing cheap transfers from Chambery. Will they be fussy about me taking skis (surely not)?

Flying out 14th Jan and back 21st if that makes any difference.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No-one?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you looked at renting a car from the airport? Whenever I fly with friends/family, this is now what we do, as it has proven for me to be a lot cheaper than most of the transfer companies - especially if there is more than 2 of you. Just a thought.

www.carhire3000.com is a good place to start
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't help that we're all under 25 really... But still cheaper than these transfers I've been quoted!

'Bout £180 for the week, not so bad... Assuming there's parking and so on.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know some people get the bus from Chambery airport to Chambery rail station, then train to Moutiers, and then you have a decent bus service up to Val Thorens. I've not done it myself (but have used the bus from Moutiers, and that bit was fine - about 10 euro each way I think)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

'Bout £180 for the week, not so bad... Assuming there's parking and so on.
French Alps parking is usually quite expensive at about €70 a week. However, when staying at Val Thorens we have used the free parking at Les Menuires on two or three occasions - all the more to spend on un or deux bieres wink....

Can advise on the location if any interest.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why not take the train from Chambery to Moutier and then take the local bus up the valley. I'm not sure how you get from the Airport to the train station but I imagine there must be a shuttle.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've travelled to Moutiers by train from Borg, then caught the bus to VT. That bit was fine, I should think that there will be trains running from the Airport but it's the changing at stations and added time that puts on the journey that could clinch whether it is worth doing or not.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy