Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Pants - North Face vs Salomon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firstly thanks to those who responded to my glove query - bought myself a new pair of Hestra gloves last weekend. I still need to get a new pair of trousers and have whittled down my choice between the following:

Salomon Sideways

North Face Incursion

North Face Enzo

Favouring the Enzo since they are GoreTex.

Any views out there?

Thanks in advance

Brian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brianr,Vested intrest in Salomon

Salomon Sideways are great really big fan of them and have just picked up this years version.

If you are going North Face I would look at the Free Thinker they are pretty much the best thing North face do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the choice is limited by being member of a ski pool then Salomon nobody on the podium in North Face.

But if the best is needed for all conditions and hard wearing then Spyder, I have had a Spyder uniform or 6 seasons and it is still functions as new
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic wrote:
If the choice is limited by being member of a ski pool then Salomon nobody on the podium in North Face.

But if the best is needed for all conditions and hard wearing then Spyder, I have had a Spyder uniform or 6 seasons and it is still functions as new

Eh?

The top level TNF stuff (Summit Series) is great, and as good or better than anything you'll find anywhere else. Their low-mid range stuff is not so good. Well, it's fine, actually it's pretty good too, but often overpriced compared to similar stuff with other brands. Although my Monte Cargo pants have held up very well to the last 4 seasons abuse. Don't know about Salomon, sorry.

Sorry, but Spyder stuff is minging, way way overpriced, and makes you look like a Russian wannabe racer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyder are doing as good a job as they can in rebranding at the moment (without changing the name/logo) with Chris Davenport, Daaron Rahlves, Julia Mancusco and Colby West on the team (amongst others).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have some North Face kit and have been really impressed with the quality and comfort of it all, I have a light jacket and some pants, I can't remember the models but they are lovely to ski in, from park to powder Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alans deep bath wrote:
Spyder are doing as good a job as they can in rebranding at the moment (without changing the name/logo) with Chris Davenport, Daaron Rahlves, Julia Mancusco and Colby West on the team (amongst others).

Couldn't give a damn who's on their 'team' tbh, it's all about the performance, style and price (probably in that order) - and Spyder tends to suck at all three...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd go for North Face purely based on my own limited experience - had a Salomon jacket (their own fabric) that leaked and took ages to dry out, whereas all the North Face Hyvent stuff I have ever had (ski jacket, ski pants & hiking overtrousers) has always keep me dry & toasty - as good as Gore-Tex IMHO.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go and try them on, buy the pair that fits best. Fit is much more important than technical features.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brianr, I've had a pair of North Face HyVent trousers for about five years - I think they're the 'Freedom'. I've found the fabric to be fine for trousers - waterproof and breathable. I've also got a North Face HyVent jacket, which is OK but not really breathable enough for me for spring skiing - so I bought a Rab eVent jacket. But I've found the HyVent trousers to be fine whether in mid-winter or spring - so I don't feel any need at all to 'upgrade'.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy