Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This will probably be the only snow report I post from LDA this season. Not because it wasn't good, it was, but because I rarely go that way.

There were not a huge number of people skiing bar a lot of club groups slaloming on the LHS of the glacier. No queues for tickets at 10am and no queues of any note on the lifts.

Junior's first turn on his new skis

then a bar stop

lunch of Diot and Fries, yum.

it is a long season ahead for some

looking down the mountain, someone had actually skied down to the lakes you see just above LDA. (Serre Palas?).

Here is the Dome de Lauze with the lauze lift that was damaged by high winds.

Alpe d'Huez and Pic Bayle

The snowpark

it was all too much for some

rattrac

pole dancing

Snow was some fresh (around 10-15cm had fallen on Thursday with a lot of high winds). Carton off piste. Ice not far in some places, esp on the rhs of the glacier.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
This will probably be the only snow report I post from LDA this season. Not because it wasn't good, it was, but because I rarely go that way ...

Snow was some fresh (around 10-15cm had fallen on Thursday with a lot of high winds). Carton off piste. Ice not far in some places, esp on the rhs of the glacier.

Nice pictures, I can't remember seeing a blue sky like that or months now.

What did you mean by 'carton' off piste ? Assuming it's not a typo, it's an expression I haven't heard.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
like polystyrene roof tiles, not crust just a bit wind blown so it breaks up easily when you turn.... btw I didn't really go off piste Happy

BTW I'll dedicate my snow report to Alain Bayrou, former mayor of Puy St Vincent and Briançon who died last week after he crashed his VW4x4 in snow on the Restafond pass.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 23-10-11 17:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, ah, I see, thanks. That sounds quite OK. Little Angel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof, I read about Alain Bayrous death only yesterday. a fitting tribute.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, wot you said. I went up about 11:00 - no queues to speak of, good conditions, not bad for an early season day out. Those tracks down tpwards the lakes made me laugh - I assume it was one of the pisteurs and he got picked up by a mate further down. Long hike back otherwise.

It has clearly snowed down to about 2100m, and some of it is still lurking on the north-facing bits, even on the Vallee Blanche side. More forecast for tonight/tomorrow, so I may well go up again on Wednesday. Have a jacket to review, good exuse.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy