Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Prediction League...

Poster: A snowHead
Cynic, That's some prize my friend,exactly what I would buy if I could afford it....nice one.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
briand6868, i have sent you an invite Little Angel
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a great offer CYNIC...although i'm sure the Atomics will be safe. Correctly predicting every podium result is impossible i would say. It maybe better odds on winning the lottery... wink Laughing Nice gesture either way... Cool

As for monitoring... I would be grateful if someone else could step in. The only reason being, I'm off to Canada for the Season doing Instructor and Race Badge Certificates. My time on the laptop will be an unknown quantity when i'm out there, so i don't want to let anyone down. Anyone up for being 'Official' Comp organisor?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can someone invite me... I cant see how to find the league. My user name is Spudski...Cheers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud, I can do the tally for the Levi race but after that I am a bit all over the place with our racing too, I can try my best but we don´t always get computer access when we are out on the road Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks Kooky. Maybe it's best if we all give it a go during the season, as and when time allows. Good luck with the season. Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can always do the tally too if anyone is struggling!

Spud I have sent an invite!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers mate...much appreciated. Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
prick_with_sticks, Ta for that Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could I have an invite too? Ta muchly.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Corky wrote:
Could I have an invite too? Ta muchly.

yup, could i have the username you use on the race site please and i will invite you straight away!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like Levi is going to get cancelled, sorry the link is German, but it basically says with 11 days before the race, the pistes are still green, and no snow in sight http://skiweltcup.tv/index.php/slalomrennen-in-levi-stehen-kurz-vor-der-absage/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blummin Germany! I'm glad Munich didn't get the Olympics for this reason!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
prick_with_sticks, It's in bloody Finland dim wit, not Germany! Jeez you obviously failed Geography spectacularly Laughing Laughing
It's cold enough here to blow snow but daytime temps are way too high for this time of year. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And i thought it was a pair of Jeans... Embarassed Laughing

Pity they aren't on the East Coast of USA next week...
snow report
Chance to win some HEAD skis for guessing the podium at Lake Louise.

http://aksellundsvindal.com/blog/2011/10/28/win-a-pair-of-head-skis/
snow report
prick_with_sticks, I'm in. User name Corky. Please send invite. Thanks.
ski holidays
prick_with_sticks, I'm registered, as chrisdavis.
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue wrote:
prick_with_sticks, It's in bloody Finland dim wit, not Germany! Jeez you obviously failed Geography spectacularly Laughing Laughing
It's cold enough here to blow snow but daytime temps are way too high for this time of year. Evil or Very Mad

oh sheesh, i was being a dim blonde!! Embarassed
snow report
prick_with_sticks, ta for the invite - I'm in!
snow report
Levi (FINLAND - for prick_with_sticks, Laughing Laughing ) is definitely cancelled. The report is here:

http://sport.orf.at/stories/2087396/ but only in German

Abgesagt = cancelled. They have rain and no snow and the amount of snow they can blow and keep is not sufficient. It looks bad for finding a replaceemnt as well as none of the resorts outside of the glacier areas with suitable homologised (sp) slopes has snow either. So the next slalom races are likely to be in Aspen on the 27th for the ladies and in Val d'Isere on the 12th December.
latest report
According to the papers today, they are predicting massive snow falls in England during November and through the Winter. Expecting Temps to plummet to -15 in some places... Shocked Shocked

Coming in from the North East... Russia in other words. If it's going to happen in England, and that's a big if, then i'm sure the rest of Europe will benefit too. Here's hoping...
latest report
spud, When the cold comes from the east or north east to us it is very very dry. What you get from the north east has travelled over the Arctic Ocean and has moisture in it.
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, The Reiteralm Europa Cup races have been moved back by two weeks, there is a suggestion on a French site that the Levi races could be moved there.
snow report
rjs, It will have to be on artificial snow and they only have a week to get everything organised. Mind you I won't mind as it means I can go and watch! Toofy Grin
snow report
Samerberg Sue, Heres a link... http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/281196

BTW...How does something coming from the North East, travel over the Arctic Ocean to get to us? Surely the Arctic Ocean is more North/North West to us? Smile
snow report
spud, Take a look at a globe not a flat map and see how the UK really lies - you have quite a lot of moisture around you that we don't wink
snow report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
spud, Take a look at a globe not a flat map and see how the UK really lies - you have quite a lot of moisture around you that we don't wink

Very true, but most moisture comes from the West or North West ie Atlantic and Arctic Ocean.

Anything from the North East or East is Generally dry air...Wouldn't you agree?

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spud, From the east yes but you are in a maritime zone and it is an area of mixing of air masses. Moisture laden from the west to south south west mixing with very cold and somewhat drier air from the northwest through to east north east. True easterlies are drier but even so they pick up moisture crossing the North Sea, anyone who sails on the east coast is only too aware of this. That's where I spent most of my childhood sailing and the sea mists were sometimes really thick and freezing, but still moist!

The UK lies on a convergence zone, albeit seasonal!
ski holidays
I agree it's on a Zone, pretty much all on it's own. That's why our weather is so unpredictable.

I Suppose it depends on which way the front is rotating as well.
ski holidays
First smut now meteorological conjecture, this is a prediction site for ski racing and not that Val d’Isere is as green as grass at present and no bets on the race there being cancelled.
snow report
Cynic, exactly, but I believe we were talking about Levi, not Val d´Isere, do keep up there´s a good chap
snow report
prick_with_sticks, Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to it.
snow report
kooky, are you going to join us on fantasyskiracer.com for some fun?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 3-11-11 2:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
prick_with_sticks,do you know, I have tried twice but can´t seem to get logged in, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers Embarassed I entered my user name and e mail but then it dosn´t let me go further? Would love to join in though Sad
snow report
kooky, Did you "Sign up" or "Sign In". You need to do the former i.e. register before the latter. Sorry if that seems obvious but I've just registered again with a different user name and it works fine.
latest report
Corky, thanks, I had to open a new e mail account but I got there in the end, now all I need is one of you lovely chaps to send me an invite, my user name is Elanski Madeye-Smiley Little Angel
snow report
I've just looked to invite you Kooky and can't see how to do it...Doh!!! Anyone? Half the fun is creating your Avatar Racer. Laughing

BTW... Elan, a very underated and under used Ski imho. They make superb Race Skis. Do you use them?

These are awesome... http://www.elanskis.com/en/product/SLX-FIS-WaveFlex-plate.html
snow report
I'm in as Suzy_Proell. Made my selections for Levi, but as that is now academic, I'll wait and see what happens before Vail and

Val d'Isere.

I'll put in the others when I get round to it!
Laughing
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
Samerberg Sue, The Reiteralm Europa Cup races have been moved back by two weeks, there is a suggestion on a French site that the Levi races could be moved there.

Reiteralm still looks very green/brown, with temperatures around +10c and 0cm of snow, so I doubt it's much of an option as replacement site. Next to that, moving organization of WC race to some other place (which doesn't have WC race already) is not so easy. So Levi races are going to be canceled completely, or, at least that's what latest rumors are, they might be postponed for week (19.-20.11) and be held in Levi. For now these are only two options.
Otherwise Levi has enough infrastructure to get enough snow for all Levi Black course in one single day... but not with temperatures around +2 to +3c during night. First they were actually telling, final decision will be made on Sunday, but obviously weather forecast is so "great" that they just canceled it now already.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy