Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Prediction League...

Poster: A snowHead
kooky, Annoying that they switched to the Men's race so early as we just missed her run! And we only had Nic "the waffler" Fellowes wittering on about sweet FA. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sue this girl is amazing, 1995 YOB, I wouldn´t be surprised at all to see her under the top 10. ORF didn´t even show the first run Shocked Shocked , we were treated to motor racing Mad rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky, Chemmy mentioned her as one to watch. I'm really liking her and Matt Chilton as a working pair of commentators. We'll see her in the second run as she is lying in 13 th position after the first run. According to the start list she will go at number 18 in the second run. Brilliant debut for such a youngster.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, I watched her 2 years ago at Topolino, I think she won that by about 3-4 seconds Shocked Everyone knew then we were seeing a legend in the making, just hope she stays injury free, to do WC racing at 16 is tough Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue, That will teach me to show LB how to play Fantasyski racer.........he is 3rd in the world lol, I just had to peel him off the ceiling Shocked

What a magic race, I am so pleased for Shiffrin, it´s great when the young ones come through Blush
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kooky, I've shot up the rankings as well, which surprises me, but I did have a one/two in the ladies. In the men's I had the top 10 but not quite the right order!

LB is NOT joining our league I hope, he's a bloody professional! Laughing Laughing wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes but all our points count together!!!!! The more we are the better chance our league has !!He didn´t join it in time today. Looking at some of the leagues they have about 30 or so members....WE NEED MORE MEMBERS wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As the Emerald Isle doesn't appear on the countries list I've opted for my adopted country to see how I fare against the best in the biz.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As nobody but me chose Beat Fuez I skied the Atomic RD slalom D2s through gates I had put up for the prize, they were lovely.

kooky, I will join your numbers give me the link.

On to the Birds of Prey my favourite I had a memorable crash on Screech Owl
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Val d'Isere races have been cancelled due to insufficient snow and rescheduled for the Men -no mention of the Women's races yet. The Men's races have been moved to Beaver Creek. Maybe the Ladies will stay in Lake Louise.

The rescheduled Men's races are Tuesday 6th for the GS and Thursday 8th for the Slalom
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hope you've all updated your choices. Men's race due to stat in half an hour. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue, Thanks. JUst got in from work and would have missed it otherwise.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue, yep, was a bit of a garbled choice from me, just got back from Kitz Shocked I have never seen it so busy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kooky, National holidays in a lot of Eastern European countries plus a couple of places in Scandinavia I think. Saw loads of Dutch cars pouring down the A8 last night as I came back from Kitz!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well it looks like I have 8 out of the top 10 so far, but way off in terms of the first three places!
snow report
Enjoying this. Go Bode!
ski holidays
TJ got a result but really did not make up much on his Start Number!

The wind is playing havoc with my selection for the Ladies Downhill.
Evil or Very Mad
snow report
WOW what a run from Vonn! 2.06 seconds ahead of 2 nd placed Gisin, unbelievable. At least I had her in first place Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Beat Fuez my tip comes in again
snow conditions
Just watched Vonn's run. Awesome! Pretty strong weekend for the American team!
snow report
Well the weather has screwed up my predictions again! Looks like I'm going to do badly on the Men'srace at least. Only about 5 of my selection in the top 10 Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
If your looking for a prediction clue notice the Salomon runners, Viletta start 30 wins- Beat Fuez again podium go Salomon go.
snow conditions
I think you'll find that Vonn is skiing on Head skis! And she is crucifying the rest of the field with her times! It's the driver, not the skis that is more important!

Weather has played a huge part in the results this week - the ladies on Friday were heavily affected by the wind gusts at the top of the run - big gusts as head and side wind. Today, the Men were affected by flat light and heavy snow! It's a lottery when it comes to the physical conditions on the hill when your run starts!
snow conditions
Anyone still playing? I'm doing better than I thought I would! I find the whole thing adds an extra dimension to watching the races and also helps with the anticipation.

kooky, I'll be looking for you at Flachau on Wednesday. I expect you will be the one drooling over Bode's bod and making the slope icier Laughing Maybe you will be back in time on Tuesday to shout for the local girls as well. Hopefully Marlies, Kathrin and Anna will make it a clean sweep. Toofy Grin

BTW A friend wants to join the league but I think only the team captain can invite someone, so has anyone seen hide or hair of prick with sticks recently?
snow report
I've been very lame keeping up to date with this...busy getting ready for my season. Blush Hope it keeps going. I'll hopefully be dropping by time from time.

Someone mentioned Vonn's performances earlier on... Apart from her talent at Ski Racing, it seems she also has another edge over the rest of the racers.
I was reading an article about her in the Redbull magazine. Apparantly from a very young age she has had photographic memory, and sh said she only needs one run to memorise the course.
That's got to be pretty handy in skiing wouldn't you say?
snow report
Samerberg Sue,LBs room mate is forerunning the race.......so I get to sneak about "backstage" looking for Bode Blush Matthaiaüs Lanzinger is also forerunning, bet he gets a huge cheer as he is from a village very close to Flachau.
latest report
kooky, I won't be able to watch unfortunately as I'm in work if I'm lucky I might get to see the second run though.

I hope Lanzinger gets a massive cheer! As he is local I expect he will, remember how we all turned out for the presentation to Michi Walchofer in the pouring rain/sleet at the end of last season!

I hope you don't distract Bode too much! Although he is not in my top 10 picks so it doesn't matter to me. Laughing I got Marlies right yesterday but did not anticipate Riesch being so close to her.
snow report
Hey all, Happy new year!

sorry for the lack of appearances!

if anyone wants to join the prediction league give me their name and I will invite them..

Im in Glenshee next week, fingers crossed for good snow!!!!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
prick_with_sticks, that would be great thanks. As per snowHeads, I'm skisimon (now that I've signed up for this fantasy ski thing - brilliant idea).
snow report
Anyone else experiencing problems with their predictions? I noticed a couple of days ago that my predictions had disappeared leaving just the blank green bars on the prediction side and all my selected names back on the list of choices. The same has occurred today to both my races and I'm registered as having no points despite putting in at least half of the girls in the top 10 and so far at least 8 of the men in the Super Combined. Not a happy punter to say the least.

I've written to the organisers using their contact email address but there has been no response so far. Now I am posting on their Facebook page, again with no response. I've also written in the past asking them to update the lists or at least take out the injured and retired racers from the prediction lists. I have never had a reply to any of my questions.

I have also noticed some rather odd calculations when it comes to the way the results are calculated. People with similar predictions getting widely different point scores for example. I like to look at the people who get the best scores to see where I may have made errors. Either something is wrong with the database or the whole thing is fixed to ensure that only certain people end up with the best overall scores.

I will quit if this is not sorted out, as it makes the whole thing a pointless waste of time if your predictions are deleted leaving you with nothing.

Puzzled
latest report
i havent noticed any problems to be honest Sue, sorry.
it's a little out of order that you have had no response from them.
ski holidays
All taken care of now - check your predictions for the coming weekend. In correcting the error - about 60 people were affected by the way, they wiped everyone's first 5 selections. you need to re-eneter your top 5 for each race you had predicted in advance of Sunday night.

I think the programming that introduced the analysis of the race results todate caused a bit of a problem with the databases.

Even with no points at all from last weekend's races, I some how moved up from 49th to 46th so something weird is going on there! Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
Be careful folks, the disappearing selections bug is back AND they do know about it. I had all my selections for today in the Ladies SG deleted when they updated the cancelled race listings. I was only able to throw in a few randoms at the last minute, having noticed the loss with 35 seconds before lock-out. I was locked out before I could finish restoring my lost picks!

[rant mode on]
I'm rapidly losing interest now, because no matter how hard you research and take care with your picks, there is no guarantee that your selections will stay put. I will probably pull out pretty soon if they don't get their act together. They know there is a problem (I've had an email response to my query about this) and yet they still update unnecessarily within an hour of a race starting. Why couldn't they wait until the weekend of racing is over, it's a cancelled race FFS and at this stage of the season there is little or no chance of it being re-scheduled!

[rant mode off]
snow report
I am quitting the league as the database bug has robbed me again of my selections. I have had no luck in getting this sorted despite loads of messages back and forth to the creator of this software. My selections were there this morning when I made some changes to accommodate changes in the Start List. when I switched on just now to see how I was doing ALL my selections were gone and all I had were blanks green place-markers. The addition of someone to the league in the past couple of weeks has also meant that we are all one place further down because they have not taken part in any of the matches and therefore have their whole point still. This is despite 6 of us all having higher points and standings in the overall listings. It just makes a mockery of the whole thing.

The whole set-up is suspect and the scoring system bizarre to say the least. I have compared the points awarded to people with almost identical selections and seen that some people get very high marks in the 60s and consequently are well up the lists, while others with racers in the same positions in their selections end up with points somewhere in the 30s or 40s. As it is not not transparent it is open to manipulation or any other dubious practises, although I'm not saying that that is actually happening.

What started off as a bit of fun has become a pain in the backside and it leaves a sour taste. I was enjoying the the race season a lot as this added an extra dimension. Now it is no longer fun.
ski holidays
booooooooooooooooooooooooo
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy