Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There is one previous thread about this that recommended Prosneige, my circumstances are a little different to that one though!

I used to ski a bit of dryslope, then had a week of lessons in the Alps a couple of years ago and then did the first half of last season in the alps, plus regular visits to the fridge since so I'm a fairly reasonable skier in most conditions (except moguls... Need to work on that!).

I've organised a group trip to Val Thorens, and haven't paid to have lessons all week because I can't really spare the cash. However I'm thinking it would be nice to have some sort of "refresher" lesson on the first morning (so they can tell me what bad habits I've inevitably picked up!), especially if we get enough people on the trip to get a trip discount.
One of my mates is also interested (6 weeks, so he's had more lessons than me but much less snow time).

ESF quote €49 for an hour for 1-2 people (so €24.50 each), Prosneige is a bit more (€57 per hour between 2 people).

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Cheaper/better instructors?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Generation is opening up in St. Martin this winter. The normal meeting point would be down the valley, but if it's a quieter week then they might be able to come up and meet you around Val T.

As a former World Cup mogul skier, I could offer you a lesson on moguls if you wanted to pop over to Meribel. Our product called "Skill Sessions" is 60 euros per person and runs for 1 hour with 1 person, and an additional 30 mins for each extra person. http://www.skinewgen.com/lesson-types/skillsessions

I realise this is not cheaper, but hopefully gives you other options to consider.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

One of my friends is the only English instructor in Val Thorens and knows the area very very well. He is a very flexible instructor and very good. Link to his site below:

http://www.skigb.com/val-thorens-ski-schools/
http://www.davidmitchell-ski.co.uk/

Stu
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy