Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: La Plagne/Champagny snow report 2012-2013

Poster: A snowHead
www.perso-laplagne.fr for more like this
Plagne centre
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The same website also has a scan of the 2011/12 piste map
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, baggyboy, I was hoping they might bring the village opening dates forward, having said that, they never have done in the past.

I have changed my flight to return on the evening of Saturday 17th so I will try my best to be the first on the Champagny gondola on Saturday morning.

The pistes are looking good on the webcams and some great pictures on the perso-laplagne site. Some more snow forecast for next week which should freshen things up a bit, can't wait.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:

Piccadilly, See http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#08_12_11 for some excellent pics from yesterday.

ooooh very nice!

One week to go! Looks like some more snow is on the way too, hurrah snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skichampcouk, I'm told that the lifts cannot be opened earlier because of the start dates of the employees winter contracts. Our friend who is a lifty in Montalbert has start and finish dates that are set in stone and cannot be altered as he would become a full time employee rather than a sesonal employee which would affect all sorts of benefits labour laws etc etc. Multiply that over the, liftys piste security piste drivers and all the other staff required to open an area.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, just looking at the webcams for La Plagne this morning and there are a few dozen people skiing the freshly bashed pistes. Would these be ski schools staff etc getting ready for the opening weekend or are the lifts now open to public? It looks fantastic, roll on Jan 14 snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the resort is open because the hotel I'm staying at was taking bookings for w/c 10th.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The web cams look spectacularly good this morning. And despite the fact I'm going to be there this time next week that's stil just TOO DAMM LONG! Mad .
Does anyone have a link to something that shows which pistes and runs are open? The interactive map doesn't seem to work in that way on my pc at least and I can't satisfy my curiosity. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jirac18, the high level stations opened today the lower villages next sat
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can't wait, hope to be on the first lift out of Monty Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Plagne opened today with a very limited lift selection, with all of the higher areas due to open tomorrow. Pistes today were in really good condition - well groomed, no ice, no queues. The snow from the last big dump has stayed well and there is fresh off piste about although I can't comment on the off piste conditions as I didn't try any. Sun was out too - nice!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snow and Sunshine, How many pistes were open today and were they busy? Looking at the webcams it looked pretty quiet.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow yes, but no base.......................

Old skis
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, great to see the white stuff with some depth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If anyone fancies a quick ski on next Thursday then only to keen to meet somewhere - say Plagne centre! Let me know . . . Very Happy
ski holidays
And looking at Snowforecast.com over the next 9 days, there is plenty to fall out the sky this coming week, coolio Toofy Grin
ski holidays
roche1800, I will probably be in Courchevel on Thursday if the Champagny gondola isn't open. Could well be around on Saturday morning though.

Snow Forecast predict 40cms before next Saturday with 10cm of snow on Friday night which should make the first day of the season in Champagny interesting.

Useful links for La Plagne weather, snow conditions, depths, lifts and pistes open etc. can be found here http://www.skiinfo.fr/external/swc/la-plagne-EFRPLAGNE-4951-fr.jhtml?USERLANG=fr

and here http://www.skiplan.com/skiplan/infostation.php?p_station=la-plagne&p_region=alpes&p_pays=france&lang=fr&p_stationformate=la-plagne#meteo
snow conditions
skichampcouk, well there's a plan to hit some pow first thing saturday. Well I am certainly happy to meet somewhere halfway (Montchavin - Champagny) and do a bit.

Can you PM me some contact details?

Cheers
snow conditions
The Bellecote webcam is back up and running after being stuck on a view from Thursday.

Looks like there's quite a bit coming down at the moment
snow conditions
im presuming you all know about this site? but just in case http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Webcams_ENG.htm
not too good at night though! heh heh
ski holidays
roche1800, PM sent.

Looks like the snow should be good on Saturday, nearly 50cms forecast between Thursday night and Saturday morning with nearly a metre of snow forecast over the next 5 days.

Should make the journey there and back a bit interesting.
snow report
--
snow conditions
The snow forecast does not appear to be diminishing..

I now make it 113cms of snow between now and Sunday night ..

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Plagne/6day/mid

Hopefully there will be a brief lull on Saturday so everyone can get up to the resort!!

I've not seen a forecast like this in YEARS.
ski holidays
Where's the rain/snow level at the moment? (via SMS)
ski holidays
Rain/sleet in 1800 and snow in Village so around 2000m. Getting colder now. I'm liking the look of this forecast!
ski holidays
Snow forecast seems to have revised its 'snowmageddon' totals for La Plagne down quite a bit. Still plenty though. It also looks as though there will be a lot of rain at lower levels, but we shall see!
snow report
Yeah. Let's hope its just a little bit colder lower down than they're predicting. Hoping to get over there in early Jan.
ski holidays
Looks to be hoofing it down now in La Plagne, massive flakes on the webcams!

Snow totals still saying nearly a metre between now and Sunday, then all clearing after Sunday morning to give us a bluebird day on Monday. Sounds terrible!

Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep Monday will be epic!!! Very Happy
snow report
Snowing lightly at the moment in Champagny, local forecast is for between 50 to 80 cms of snow on Friday.

Conditions on the roads up to resorts are expected to be difficult on Saturday.
latest report
Oh great. Hope we make it.....!

Looking pretty snowy (and deserted) on the webcams this morning.
latest report
On most of the (far too many times) that I've looked at the webcams this morning there's been a few people getting of the Bergerie lift. However, Bellecote looks pretty quiet.

Good luck for those making the trip this weekend.

Long range Travel Weather is looking pretty goods for my trip over on Boxing Day
snow conditions
Weather was pretty poor today, windy and small stinging snow flakes. Roads already getting a bit tricky. Could be an interesting day tomorrow...
latest report
Anyone coming up to les coches over the next few days, practice ya chains!!!
ski holidays
Oh and look out for the snowplough comming up the hill on the wrong side of the road if you are comming down, I nearly didn't in the mist this morning Confused
snow report
Daleskier, I'm making the trip early next week - how's the snow? Have you had much on that side of the mountain? Smile
snow report
Red27, It's bucketing down and I guess it will for a least another 24 hrs. This has all come down on a good base as well so I think it will be safe to say that snow conditions for the next week or two will be superb. We are all hoping that they'll skiing right down into monchaivin from opening day on Saturday. My guess is that there'll be at least 50cm down there and ???cm up top. Very high avalanche potential!!!
latest report
Daleskier, super - thanks for that info. No avi issues for me I will pottering around in the blue runs in the trees Little Angel
snow report
Yep the village runs are going to amazing, reckon we've had about 30cm overnight at 1400m and it is still pounding down!!!
snow conditions
Been raining for the last few hours though that will change back to snow again ths afternoon as the cold front goes thru..........
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy