Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter sport safety survey

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I'm in my final year at university doing a project on winter sport safety. If any of you guys could complete the survey it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DJRYMFL

Thanks

Paul
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
done, but you only needed to post once.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done it, I was bored wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't the annual 'Winter Sport Safety/Risk Survey' normally attract a little more ire than this? Frankly, I'm disappointed.

SOME OF US DO BOTH SKIING *AND* SNOWBOARDING YOU KNOW!

There you go, that should start things off nicely.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why are gloves and goggles 'safety equipment'?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, Because they stop you poking yourself in the eye and doing yourself a mischief? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I found it a)boring and b)not very well thought out!

Are they wanting information about off-piste safety awareness or general awareness in an outdoor environment.

Lazy piece of work to be honest and any results will be meaningless because of the generalisations that it makes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't worry Woodsy. When you end up with a 3rd, you can always go into the lucrative chimney sweeping industry.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Q3, I'm usually with 1 other person and there's no option for it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I tried and gave up at "8. How would you rate the following equipment in terms of there efficiency to safety?"
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alans deep bath, +1 (x2)
woodsy_paul, do you get any guidance from your teachers on how to formulate these things? If so, you haven't been well served.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alans deep bath wrote:
Q3, I'm usually with 1 other person and there's no option for it.

Err there is - read the question. How many people in your group ? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bones, Fair play. It's still sh[i][\i]ite.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't have any 'safety equipment'!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yep, complete balls. And what about bindings? Bit more relevant to safety, for the huge majority of holiday skiers, than inclinometers.
snow report
Alans deep bath, Agreed. Toofy Grin
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
Why are gloves and goggles 'safety equipment'?

Frostbite and (snow)blindness?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 22-10-11 11:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I don't use gloves or goggles but do make sure I carry my massive axe with me all the time. It's pretty rare to see even hard core pisteurs skiing with an axe so I'm way radder than them.
latest report
Final year?!? A lazily formulated survey and, worse, he wrote "there" when it should have been "their" - as far as I'm concerned that's end of my involvement. Universities filling their boots with nine grand tuition fees, student loans that'll never be repaid, and zero education, that'll ever make a contribution, actually taking place. Gloves are "safety equipment" are they? So is my underwear then.
snow report
fatbob, I heard that you had a massive axe... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Universities filling their boots with nine grand tuition fees, student loans that'll never be repaid, and zero education, that'll ever make a contribution, actually taking place.

is it me Puzzled
latest report
clarky999, best add trousers and socks to the list of safety equipment then. Laughing
latest report
You guys all need to sharpen your edges!
snow conditions
that one was certainly one of the worst that has ever been offered.
Useless drivvle.
ski holidays
flangesax, drivel.
ski holidays
Just done it, but that's a fat load of 'not applicables...' Seriously, wtf does 'efficiency to safety' mean?
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
clarky999, best add trousers and socks to the list of safety equipment then. Laughing

Well no-one wears them just for fashio-oh wait that's not right is it?!
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
Just done it, but that's a fat load of 'not applicables...' Seriously, wtf does 'efficiency to safety' mean?

+1

I clearly interpreted it differently from you - I have rated all my safety equipment as high - because it all does what it is supposed to do. But I see your point - it could mean something quite different.

I really don't see how any meaningful results could be got from this survey. For example, I never wear a helmet, goggles, etc. - I don't really feel the need, as all I do these days is cross-country ski-ing on tracks. However, if going far, I will carry a compass, map, multitool, space blanket, whistle, etc. because it's easy to get a long way from people and hence help. A friend who spends all day in the snow park, wears helmet, goggles and knee pads. He also wears back protectors, but I don't see them on the list. However, he doesn't carry any of the listed safety equipment, because there is no need - he is always in sight of the lifties. But we both 'ski'.

The main safety equipment we both take is a mobile phone. Didn't see that on the survey either. And if it is cold, we wear gloves (and appropriate clothes for the weather and level of exertion).

I can't imagine ever needing to carry an axe, even if multi-day touring with a pulk.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought it was alright, until q8 which makes no sense whatsoever.
snow report
Fhanks Lizzard, sarry abowt my spellung. I'l trie hordar noxt tyme... arfter orl, wivowt gude spilhang nobodi wuhd bee abel to cummoonikate!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy