Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Info on airport transfer to and hotels in Tignes please

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what the best way to get from Geneva airport to Tignes would be (mid Nov - return early December?)
I was going to drive but flights are only about £50 each way inc taxes, so may as well get the plane

Plus
I don't venture into France very often so need some advice on hotels.
Does anyone know a hotel reasonably priced near to the train that goes up to the glacier in Tignes
Much prefer Half Board if poss

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wayne, Mountain sun can arrange evening transfers.

Not got any hotel knowledge, only apartments.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wayne, You realise you'll be sharing the last week of your stay with 70+ Snowheads?

Mountainsun run regular shuttles from Geneva to Tignes (Les Boisses), might be with contacting Joanne (she's on here). Coming back you might find fits with a PSB transferdepending on date,, give admin a shout.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne, Try Altibus.com - there may be a limited service - but it is still early so car hire may work better. I am based in Le Lac so don't know the hotels in Val Claret but the Bus service will get you to The Funicular eaasily. You are sure of a warm (english) welcome in the Alpaka or for a more French Experience Le Gentiana or Les Campanules are good 3/4 star hotels. If yo can wait till 27 Nov an independant UK operator snowstarholidyas.co.uk start their season much earlier than the mainstream outfits
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lightningdan,
Thanks for that - I found this one Hotel Diva
http://www.hotels-altitude.com/uk/index-hiver.php
Which seems to be near the train to the glacier, half board as well, but in the small rpint it says something about single will get squashed with a fee. Have emailed em and will see what comes back -

I have been to tignes before (ages ago) and I seem to remember there were lots of hotels there but google can't find any

Off for a few weeks to get told how rubbish I am at skiing by a trainer Laughing , we all need it now and again
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you have no luck, cdski has apartments, the owner is a very nice man , and they are quite reasonable early season.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B wrote:
Wayne, You realise you'll be sharing the last week of your stay with 70+ Snowheads?.

Good - coz I'll be starving by then. I hope one of them will be able to speak enough french to be able to order me a buttie from the local cafe

Is the SH's group in that hotel ??????

chocksaway wrote:
I am based in Le Lac

I may pop down for a coffee - have just googles it and you are not far from tignes

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 20-10-11 14:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wayne, PSB detail. I don't think the hotel is open before our stay though.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76388#1877068
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wayne, I know plenty of people who stay at the Diva each year at that time, they seem happy with it.

If you got a hire car you would get charged for parking for the final week unless you took it down to Les Boisses and got the bus back up.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs,
Cheers for that, I think I'll book it, but 1st just waiting for an e mail from someone, then I'll confirm everything.
the hotel says they have parking, so I may drive and pop over to Milan to see my mates after for a day or so after

O M G - does this make me an honorary DIY'er Laughing, will I need to get some gaffer tape before I set off
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
a mate of mine is also thinking iging to tignes for 3 weeks from nov 20 th.
But he would rather do self catering - does anyone know of appartment for rrnt near to the glacier train station

thanks

ps. Am using blackberry as in birmingham for half marathon on sun .good luck to anyone else running
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, I always book through Roc Blanc, they have some apartments in the Chalet Club in Val Claret.

It is a bit cheaper in Le Lac, you need to get the bus along to the glacier but it is a shorter walk.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think you'll find a TO would have done everything better wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wayne: We have an apartment in Tignes these days so I am spaeking a few years ago here....

At that time (ie up to about 2007) the HOTEL DIVA , which is under 5 mins walk to the funicular, always offered excellent, flexible, early season half board deals - including lift pass.

May be worth contacting them.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry Wayne - just spotted that you had already come across the Diva....

I must read posts more carefully
I must read posts more carefully....... Toofy Grin
latest report
You could try Ben's Bus for cheap transfers, we used them from Geneva to Tignes and the service was good at great price, altho prices up a bit this year.

As previously mentioned, the bus will get you from Lavachet and Le Lac to Val Claret for the funicular for free, so you can widen your search a bit to those areas.
snow report
rookierich wrote:
You could try Ben's Bus for cheap transfers, we

They don't start till 10th Dec

Oh, well, guess I'll just drive over.
No worries, as got some OK snow tyres and a set of chains, just in case.

Will see what happens with Greece in the next few days then have to see
if Thomas Cook will give me some Francs at a reasonable rate for my Euros wink .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy