Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Completely have no idea where to go for a week's skiing in late January/early Feb before half term

Intention is to drive and then take a couple of days on the way back (maybe even on the way down) to visit people in probably France, Holland and possibly even Croatia would you believe

Ideas please

we need to be able to ski, surprisingly - we tend to ski on piste rather than off and can ski most pistes although usually avoid the blacks and because it will be the first trip of the year it can't be too arduous the legs won't take it

also it mustn't be ridiculously expensive
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tollpepper, there are loads of places which answer that description - I think you might have to be more explicit. However, if Croatia is on your route, I'd be tempted to explore Slovenia - you could do a great round trip, down through Holland - back through the Dolomites, the world's your oyster.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That sounds like 99.99% of resorts... any more pointers on what you like/dislike, or have done in the past?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yep, that does leave the field wide open! I have my eyes on a few days in Slovenia this year too - heard some good things! Also saw a ski film featuring Croatia last year, name escapes me, but the skiing did look like fun. Probably more novelty than anything else, like skiing in the 50s...but the snow was good (luckily for them!). Could be a good ski story or two on a road trip like that Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh Ok more info - last couple of years we have been to Tignes, Les Arcs and such so was thinking of somewhere other than France for the skiing, the people we would visit in France will be on the way back up anyway so not being in France won't matter, just want some ideas for skiing that will be fun and enjoyable and even have snow as you say since the world is my oyster the choice is huge - maybe some of the smaller resorts?

We are also not too fussy about whether it is a chalet or hotel, just needs not to be tied to specific days as I don't really want to do a 'Sunday to Sunday' type holiday
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

just needs not to be tied to specific days as I don't really want to do a 'Sunday to Sunday' type holiday

then your best bet will be to sort out a route, and some very rough and general ideas about where you want to ski, sling your equipment in the back and just go there. Need to check that it won't be peak holiday time in any of your destinations, then just find accommodation locally when you arrive. Wouldn't have to be on top of the lifts, as you'll have a car, and if the weather isn't good in destination A, just mosey along to destination B. If you're flexible, shouldn't be any big problem with accommodation anywhere.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tollpepper, What pam w, said... Decide on your route and then find a resort.
If you want to go to Croatia one way of getting there (no idea if it is the quickest though!) is to head for Salzburg and then down the Tauernautobahn (A10/E55). You would pass lots of places where you could ski in Salzburgerland and Kaernten (also known as Carinthia). Sorry that I can't be specific with resorts... I haven't skied over there.
It's a lot of driving for a week's skiing if you really want to include France and Croatia but again as pam w, says, a round trip - Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovinia, Croatia and back through the Dolomites, across Italy and into France would make a great journey!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy