Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Matthaius Lanzinger to race again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just heard an interview on Ö3 with Matthaius Lanzinger, he has decided to continue racing and will aim to ski Sotchi Paralympic Games 2014.

Three and a half years ago he lost his lower leg through in injury in a SG event in Norway. He has been commentating a bit on ORF for the ski races, but said he has the need to race again. It so so great to have him back again, he is a very dedicated young athlete, and a real inspiration to many.

His first races will be this year mid november in Landgraaf, a slalom, which as a speed racer he said will be difficult, and then he is off doing Europa cup races.

WELCOME BACK MATTHAIUS !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
that's fantastic. Brave guy. that accident was one of the most horrendous things I've ever seen.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, indeed. I also think it is pretty tough for him, to have once been one of the best in the world, to have to start all over again, a lot of folk are grumbling" oh it´s easy for him, he has an unfair advantage" but he said himself, he is not a slalom skier, he will be right at the bottom of the pile again, and there will be huge expectations placed upon him by the ÖSV. He also admitted he may have an advantage in the speed events, but the guys he is up against are all top athletes too.

He is very much loved and respected where i live, he is only a few kilometers away and I am pretty sure there will be many parties and celebrating in Abtenau when this news is recieved Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well done fella. Like pam w, the video of the crash turned my stomach and one can only wish him well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, saw live coverage of the accident and it was truly awful. The best of luck to him.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's good news indeed. I also saw the live coverage - felt physically ill seeing that. Good luck Matthaius.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pistorius of the slopes, I hope it all goes well for him!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So happy!! Lanzi made podium today in Landgraaf!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

3rd place! The boy is back!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fantastic news, i remember watching that crash and it was horrific, good luck to him
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, yep indeed...watch him go at Sotchi!!
It´s a real inspiration to see someone like him fight his way right back up to the top of the worlds best again after what he went through.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
double post sorry...!!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 18-11-11 9:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
that's fantastic. Brave guy. that accident was one of the most horrendous things I've ever seen.
+1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blimey is that three and half years ago ?! Shocked Good news indeed though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^^^what Tarquin said
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy