Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oberlech for beginners/early intermediates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a very infrequent poster to snowheads, just because I can usually find to answer using "search"!
However a small group of us are hoping to go to Oberlech in March since it ticks most of the right boxes for us on this trip. Nice place, good hotels, good snow record, ski/out etc- but I just need reassurance that the skiing above/around Oberlech itself is suitable for a couple of v timid intermediates. I have done some research and Lech itself doesn't seem suitable since the runs down seem to be a bit tricky for beginners etc. It seems that Oberlech maybe easier and as long there are a small number of easy'ish blues it should be fine
Anyone any thoughts on this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
peakflow, I think Oberlech would be great for timid intermediates.. lots of nice easy cruising stuff, ski in and out, and lots of very nice places for lunch. Awesome way of getting to your hotels too wink

As to Lech itself if they are 'timid intermediates' then there is a short section of the main '34' run down back to town from the Oberlech side (about 100M up from the base station) which is a bit narrower than the rest of the piste and it gets chopped up during the day, so it can be a bit tricky for timid types. The alternative route down crossed a road (well it did about 3 years ago) which is not ideal. Don't worry - if you're staying in oberlech you can avoide the bottom of 34.

Make sure you go for a drink in the icebar for apres too..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bertie Bassett- Many thanks for your helpful reply. I find it reassuring (or rather our other halves do!)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
peakflow, Fantastic place to stay, especially for the more timid skiers of this planet. Have stayed twice at the Montana and loved it - god how I wish I had enough dosh to stay there again Crying or Very sad

The only 'issue' for a very timid skier is the main rund down to Lech. This is as wide as they get BUT can suffer badly from too much sun and as a result can get a bit chopped up at times. This should only be an issue given long periods of warm sunshine and a skier of a very nervous disposition.

In my opinion Oberlech is a better base than Lech itself. The toboggan run at night is an absolute must
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant place, hard to beat - perfect for timid skiers...perfect for nearly all skis, bar the hole in the wallet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is all positive stuff- v reassuring. Boabski, glad to hear you liked Montana since that's where we are staying (having booked our stay at Oberleck as result of Bertie Basset's posting). Can't wait
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
peakflow, the food in the Montana is the best I have ever tasted - you'll love it. Great service from the moment they take your luggage at cable car in Lech - the staff take your luggage to yoru bedrooms and skis etc to the boot room, leaving you to wander down the snow to the hotel Very Happy You'll probably get to meet Partick Ortlieb too at the welcome night (Sunday from memory)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy