Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

My wife & I are looking for a last minute Xmas week. We'd prefer to visit La Tania but the majority of chalets don't include transfers which in my opinion makes their prices un-competitive with the large TOs !

Ski Beat do have availability but wehaven't used them before.

It's fair to say that Mrs Snowmonkey has some reservations over important things like decor !!!

So, to help me alleviate said issues I was hoping someone with recent experience could give me their opinions.

Topics I'll need sign-off on will include :

Service, Food, Cleanliness, Staff, etc.

To give you a baseline we've happily stayed in a Skiworld 4+ star chalet in Les Arcs. I of course have stayed in some horrendous properties over the years but why pick a fight I'll never win !!!

Many thanks.

P.S - happy to listen to other ideas from anyone for Xmas chalet week.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have a look at trip advisor as well. You will get some info there maybe
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowMonkey69, and do not, whatever you do, let your other half read this: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60313&highlight=beat Toofy Grin

They've changed ownership since then I think.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowMonkey69, Not wanting to p!ss on your chips, but I think it's safe to say that if Mrs Snowmonkey considers good/stylish decor then you want to be looking at the likes of YSE/Scott Dunn rather than Ski Beat/A.N.Other chalet company. I've done many chalet trips, and the decore is universally "functional", until you get over the £1200ish per week (without flights) area.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr John, I don't disagree but the OP hasn't stated what their budget is? I've always found SkiBeat a reasonable mid-level company and I can't really think of any upper middle/high end companies in LT. Snowline pulled out a couple of years ago, Ski-Power do a 'Diamond or Premier Service' but there was a (possibly unfair) whingeing thread about them too on here so who else do you go to?

SnowMonkey69, if you could specify budget and decor expectations maybe I could give you some more accurate recommendations?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SnowMonkey69, there is a little company called http://www.come-ski.co.uk/ in La tania very nice chalets and very good food, but I have a feeling thats its full chalet only on the peaks weeks, however worth a try you never know
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try Le Ski - their chalets in La Tania are lovely
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowMonkey69, VIP/Snowline also have very nicely decorated chalets.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ive stayed in one of their chalets in jan 2010

at the top of the town litterally a few yards from the new green piste back into town. ski to the door and in the morning maybe 30 seconds up a grassy bank (there were steps somewhere under all the snow)

it was my first ski holiday so i was very happy with everything, cannot compare to any other chalets / relate to the standard you may expect

decor - warm and wooden vibe. bathroom slightly small. very cosy and relaxed. im sure you could find imperfections but these were easily overlooked due to our first time holiday enthusiasm

service - very good - staff would even come and wake us up from an apres ski nap to say dinner is ready

food - cooked breakfast with cold option, afternoon tea/cakes waiting on our return, full 3 course dinner with unlimited wine. beer was help yourself and add a coin to the jar

staff - very friendly, fun and sociable
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you are looking at La Tania then make sure you have had a good look at www.latania.co.uk.. most La Tania chalet companies have a small add on there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy