Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for advice. ISTD Bumps Training pre season????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi my BASI 4 ISTD technical is quickly approaching and I am looking for pre season mogul training in Europe preferable taught by either BASI Trainer or ex pro bumps skier. This is my main area that needs work on and I want my qualifications done and dusted by this winter. (hopefully).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to find any courses specifically for bumps without having all the other stuff along with it.

Cheers Guys.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 18-10-11 15:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skibee1, Try Claude DECAGNY. http://www.snowarea.net/

He's an ex member of the French bumps team.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skibee1, You would be needing Derek Chandler. He's running a bumps course in Tignes this Autumn. http://www.skimarmalade.com/

I've got his personal email address if you need it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skibee1, Derek Chandler is a BASI trainer and very good bumps coach ISTD and ISIA courses on soon
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all this info guys. Really appreciated.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
or for real pre season training

http://youtube.com/v/TWBkCDdgj2E

Never gets old.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
from the basi facebook page:

Quote:
Struggling with your bumps? The Avoriaz Alpine Ski School along with our sponsored world cup mogul skier Ben Cavet can help BASI members brush up on the mogul skills.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood - could you do me a favour and post a link to the Avoriaz post as I can't see it?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll be in Meribel from the beginning of December and could do some bumps training for you. I competed World Cup moguls from 2000-2006 including being training partner to 2006 Olympic Champion Jenn Heil. When I did my ISTD in 2008 I did my project on bumps and taught some of it to my trainers, so they understand the technique in the way that I teach it.

If you want training earlier than this then any of the others listed should give some good training. Out of those listed, Derek's strength would be that he's experienced with BASI courses so what he says may be more similar to what the trainers say. Ben Cavet's strengths would be that he's a better mogul skier and has competitive experience that Derek doesn't have so may be able to give input that helps, that the trainers don't even know about. The downside would be that Ben doesn't have the BASI experience of Derek (not sure if he's done any BASI) so you might find it harder to discuss with the trainers about how you have been working on things, or to compare techniques if they want to see more variety.

Because I competed World Cup and went all the way through BASI I was able to explain to the trainers I had about how the competitive techniques I was using were simply an extension from what they had been using, by improving the skills they used and adding a couple of others. That's pretty much what my project was about. Which ever way you decide to train, good luck for winter.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FlyingStantoni wrote:
kevindonkleywood - could you do me a favour and post a link to the Avoriaz post as I can't see it?

Stet that. Found.

Video of Ben doing his stuff -
youtube.com/v/8uyGIRlRg2M
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
simon_bates, you have a PM.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just booked 3 weeks with Derek in Tignes just for fun (20 Nov ->)
Staying at Hotel Diva, driving over via euro tunnel, so if anyone needs a lift send me a PM
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy