Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel in January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a short break in Austria in Jan for 5. Awkward dates, as some of the party jumped the gun and have already booked flights.

Weds 11 to Sunday 15th Jan 2012.

Struggling to get anything in our prefered locations : Ischgl and St Anton.
I do however have the offer of 4 nights in Kitzbuhel. My only concern is reports of poor snow on the lower slopes.

Any experince ? Once up the mountains a bit, is it generally ok.

I was thinking that most places that say "full" , are just hoping for a better booking and we may be OK if we wait until the last minute. Any experince of doing it that way would be great.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have skied the Kitz area 5 times in the last 16 years and had too much snow, to brown and green fields everywhere in 2007. Even then we found enough skiing at the tops, with Westendorf on an extended pass, to amuse ourselves and after a couple of days snow more areas opened up. Non sat to sat bookings are awkward to find especially in popular places like your preferred resorts. Advice on here seems to be to leave till last minute and to look at B&B/apartments. Tourist offices are reputedly helpful searching for availability as well.

If I was offered your Kitz trip I would quite happily go. If there is snow there's snow. If there isn't, probably not much snow anywhere else either. Kitz is a favourite though Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarge, if the snow is "bad " in January, then the classic Hahnenkamm DH race is cancelled or maybe they would have never ever had a race there in that month. rolling eyes Just because it is not as high as Val Thorens, etc, does not mean you cannot ski there! Add 300m to the height of the town and you have comparable heights with more westerly resorts.

You can find accommodation at 24 hours notice if you want - look at hotels.com and Booking.com to see what I mean. But you may not have an ideal location at such short notice, so if you want to be fussy book early, if you are prepared to have a bit of a hike to get to the slopes wait and see what is on offer closer to the time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Anton and more and more other places are very reluctant to let you have rooms for a few days. Everything is booked Saturday to Saturday (or a few companies Sunday to Sunday). They hang onto them till the last moment before letting people have them for that sort of period. Generally you will have better luck at hotels out on the edge of resorts or less famous villages.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mens DH is currently scheduled for the 18-22 of Jan http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?event_id=30013&cal_suchsector=AL
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

My only concern is reports of poor snow on the lower slopes.

Sarge, despite the fact that's nonsense about Kitzbuhel, if you really want Ischgl try going to www.booking.com and entering Ischgl and your dates... there's plenty of accommo and you can book it there and then.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's alll good info, as ever, from the Snowheads ! I was not too worried about the apparent poor snow record as I too have seen too much snow to pouring rain at the same resorts in succesive seasons.

thanks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy