Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourge St Maurice and ski storage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Thinking of staying in BSM and skiing Les Arcs this coming season.
I can cope with a walk without ski boots, so if there anywhere to store skis/boots etc either at the bottom of the funicular
or at the top in Arc 1600?
I notice there are ski rental places in 1600. Will they store kit?

Can someone give me an idea of times to actually getting skiing from door.

Say I started at BSM railway station, do these times sound right
1. Station to Funicular - 5 mins
2. Funicular - 10 mins (how frequent is it?)
3. Time to ski storage location - ?
4. Time to get to the main slopes which appear to be centred round Arc 1800 - ?

Just looking for an idea. Maps are all well and good. But previous experience is invaluable Happy

Thanks

Pete
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
first, longer, reply seems to have gotten lost in Cyberspace. Store your gear with Gordon, a fellow Scot, his wife Rosie and Steve at the bottom of the funicular which runs every 20 min, 10 when busy. Contact snowcrazy here and have fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pete_On_The_Snow,

Getting to the funi from the station, yeah about right: maybe a little longer if carrying gear. It is essentially at the 'other' end of the platforms from the main entrance, so if you're not going down the platform ( ie with a train ticket) you have to go around which can extend it to 10 mins. There is a shuttle bus, but infrequent if not a Saturday. You are unlikely to be staying in the station tho!

Funicular journey takes 7 minutes - and frequency as above is usually 10 mins, but can extend at end of day to 30 mins, so be careful to make sure you haven't had too many jagerbombs prior to descending.

I'd have said no more than 2 / 3 mins to get to the 1600 storage areas.

Runs aren't really "centred" around anywhere, so don't worry about that. The new-this-season Mont Blanc lift will take you high enough to get to anywhere in the 16/1800 areas without needing another lift, (actually, as will Cachettes, almost, but it may not be as quick as the new one... ? snowcrazy?)
Then one more out of 1800 (Vagere) will get you high enough to make it across to Peisey (and thence the Vanoise into La Plagne if that's your bag).
Or Arpette - half way across your route to 1800 - to get into the 2000 bowl. (or the Transarc from 1800 will also get you into 2000, but a lot higher up)

So essentially, a great deal of skiing off one lift from 1600, the whole Arcs reached via two , the whole domain with 3. What you do when you get there is up to you!

How long does it take? How fast do you ski? If I was hurrying to meet someone at the Vanoise from 1600 I'd give myself 30-40min including lifts, but not accounting for queues, which can send aglae the best laid plans of mice (we do it in under 25mn from 1950 - 1 lift, as opposed to 2 from 1600).

HTH
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pete_On_The_Snow, As has been mentioned, Gordon and Rosie have ski storage at the bottom of Funi, per day, week or season.

Sport 2000 at the top of funi have the same deals. You need to look online to check prices, but best to do it when you arrive and get a better price, maybe?

As Arctic Roll, says, loads to do off the lifts out of Arc 1600 and into the whole domain. If you are coming out, send me a PM. Have fun. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys for the help. That is fantastic.

If we do get out snowcrazy, will drop you a PM.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think (it's been a few years) but you can also store boots at Gordon and Rosie's (definitley if you rent them there; not sure otherwise)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy