Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on a good ski school - Europe in mid-Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

My first time posting here… so please be gentle! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for an upcoming short skiing break that I'm planning from Thurs 15th – Sun 18th Dec. I’ll be going with my girlfriend – she has only ever skied once, for two days, and it was a long time ago – so we’re keen to find somewhere with a good ski school. My girlfriend is keen to learn the basics before we go on a larger skiing holiday with a group of friends in Jan so the quality of the tuition / ski school / beginner slopes is the key factor for us when deciding where to go – hence I thought it would make more sense to put it in this forum…

Basically our criteria are:
- High enough to give a good chance of decent snow in mid-Dec
- Good ski school and good beginner slopes
- Short transfer times from a nearby airport and relatively short flight from the UK (i.e. Europe) in order to maximise our time on the slopes
- Hopefully not too busy (although this is less important)

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where we should be considering? I’m an intermediate level skier so will be relatively happy with wherever we go I’m sure, especially as it is only for 3 nights - I'll probably get a private lesson or two myself while we're out there.

Thanks

Will
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easiski - Les Deux Alpes...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Easiski - Les Deux Alpes...

+1 Your girlfriend won't find better.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and by the way, it's so good to have someone asking about the quality of the ski school, rather than the number of bars....though there are also plenty of them in L2A. wink

There are loads of good instructors, obviously, but you definitely won't go wrong with Charlotte.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven't tried easiski yet but given Charlotte's reputation on here and her very helpful and friendly replies to my stream of email questions I'm very excited about the weeks course I've just booked with her at the end of January. www.easiski.com
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anyone mentioned Easiski - Les Deux Alpes snowHead No contest.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well that's pretty conclusive! Thanks guys Smile

Had a look at the Easiski website but couldn't find an email address for Charlotte on there, will have a better look tonight and see if I can get something booked in.

Thanks Again!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will1983, try charlotte.swift@wanadoo.fr

there;s probably no click-through, to avoid spam. I think there's also a form on the website. Charlotte is really excellent - she has a great gift for combining really quite straightforward feedback ("That was ghastly; whatever has happened to your skiing?" she once said to me) with genuine confidence-boosting. No bullsh*t. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Across the bottom of the home page 3rd of the 4 yellow boxes is Mail, just click it and your email prog should open up a new message!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or if easiski doesn't work out for any reason Newgen http://www.skinewgen.com/ can't believe the difference 3 lessons with them made to my one week in the mountains and some trips to Tamworrth fridge skiing on the EoSB last year
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Will1983, ....could try SMS in Crans Montana - committed to groups no larger than 5, and at that time of year you will probably be in a group of 2 or so - snow sure up at Plaine Morte at 3000m. These guys are good, and love beginners. Although people are put off by the high Swiss Franc, the pass at CM is only 2 gbp per day more than the 3V pass in Meribel. Parking is only around 5 gbp per day even in the central parks directly onto the lifts. Two and a half hour drive from Geneva on very clear roads so very good for a weekend.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Pam and thanks Davkt - not sure how I missed the large yellow box with "Mail" written on it! Embarassed

Thanks as well for the alternatives, will check them out if it does not work out with Easiski. Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Will1983, as well as Easiski, I would also recommend New Generation in Serre Chevalier.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy