Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel : Family day Pre-Xmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone fancy a snowHeads family half day ski at some point over Christmas - either the week before Christmas or the week between Christmas and New Year?

Do you want to post when you're around and we'll go from there...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there
Awesome idea. I'm here all the time, obviously, but I'd love to meet up with you all and help with arrangements etc.
Helen
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent helenmhudson. Have you got any better or worse days?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FlyingStantoni, will try to come along, as usual, work dependent. Will keep an eye on the dates/times.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We arr 23 Dec and depart 2 Jan. No other plans in place just yet but having lesson(s) on 26th which will take up a fair chunk of the day.

Sounds good Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Remember that changeover day is mostly Saturday around the area (some Sundays). This empties the slopes but is counteracted by the locals who come up for the weekend. No group lessons on Saturday so you don't get many snakes. Other than that... can't think of any day preference. We can look at the snow closer to the time to make sure that's covered (har de har) and if the ski-ing turns into a nightmare for some reason, you can all come over to my place in the centre of Morzine and we'll make a plan. We've got a garden for snowman and I have 2 teenagers to baby sit or keep company too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks DallyPaul and Lou.

We must try to get MrsDallyPaul out Very Happy

Teenagers welcome helenmhudson (If they'll ski with us.)

Could I open suggestion with Wednesday 28th?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FlyingStantoni, Better for the locals just before Xmas as week of 26th -31st is busy busy busy.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FlyingStantoni, Wednesday 28th could work for us as family all departing in dribs and drabs on 27th and other friends not arriving till 29th. It might save me having to be a domestic goddess on the 28th too!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
27th good for us too.

helenmhudson, we have two boys who will be with us, 16 & 12.

FlyingStantoni, Arctic Monkey and yourself can share a chair Laughing

EDIT wrong child meant to say Public Enemy Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My girls are 14 and 13 so that will be fun!
They can both get down pretty much everything although I drew the line at the Wall.
My eldest fancies boarding this season but she may be proficient by that time... otherwise, we can flip back to skis for the day.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oooo, that'll be fun. Teenagers scoping each other!

SnowAndTrek - maybe a boon the week before as well? Though I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep up with your kids.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It all sounds awesome.
I have the easiest planning of all since I'm already here, so lean on me if you need any help with arrangements / transfers etc.
I'm getting quite in the know.
I've scoped the transfer companies who are all quite equally priced.
This half term for a quick trip back to London I'm going to go completely public transport to experience the tunnel with my eldest.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
helenmhudson, So shall I stop looking for transfer seats for you then for 23rd and 29th ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DallyPaul, it's not easy... I'm still looking at trains and buses, so if you find anything, that would be great. It doesn't look like there is anything, though, is there?
ski holidays
BUMP snowHead
snow conditions
Lou wrote:
27th good for us too.

helenmhudson, we have two boys who will be with us, 16 & 12.

FlyingStantoni, Arctic Monkey and yourself can share a chair Laughing

EDIT wrong child meant to say Public Enemy Toofy Grin

Meant to say Wed 28th good for us, obviously Embarassed

Which area are we thinking of skiing?

And which ice rink and/or is good for a rendezvous in case we need a plan B? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
28th or 27th fine either way with us. I'm most familiar with Avoriaz but by the time you arrive, I'll have the whole area under wraps Smile Several skating rinks... one in Morzine and another in Les Gets I think... definitely another one in Avoriaz. I'll see what the details are of all and what might be included in the lift pass. Remember too that the council are redeveloping the sports centre with indoor pool and plan to be open Dec so I'll let you know sooner if they finish and bring cozzies... then there is a huge indoor ice skating rink in Morzine too, so plenty to do. Just got to get boots / skis / boots / boards / passes / vin chaud supplies and then it will be "bye kids, have a great day at the school where they don't speak a word of your native tongue... see you tonight... clip clip zoom" Smile
Helen
snow report
helenmhudson, Laughing

Les Gets rink might be a bit small for a bash considering everyone else might head there if not skiing. Anyway, I was being silly - it is going to snow, it's going to snow.........

I suppose Avoriaz is a good place if there is anyone staying in Chatel.
ski holidays
Hello - late to the conversation as usual! We're good for the 27th but have friends out from the 28th Very Happy We're there all the time though so happy to meet up whenever snowHead
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
We're there all the time though so happy to meet up whenever snowHead

Yeah, you said Mr. Green wink
snow conditions
Did I mention it already Lou, ? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Bump.

For want of being able to see a clear winner for the date...

27th?

Any views on the best place to meet out of:
- top of Super Morzine in the restaurant by the Zore lift
- somewhere in Linderats
- top of Prodains.

Open to other / better suggestions...
ski holidays
27th - top of Super Morzine. I will wear a pink carnation and carry a copy of the Evening Standard
latest report
In the cafe by the Zore chair (for the avoidance of doubt - the lower of the two restaurants).

Does 9:30 work for everyone? (Particularly the Les Gets-based people.)
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni, I'm an irregular poster here but long time PDS skier (20 years+). I don't think however I have ever knowingly met another snowhead.

We're out on Saturday for a few days and it would be good to join the gang. Zore chair at 9.30 might be a tough call (two teenage kids to get out of bed!) starting from the far end of Chatel.

If you could post an approximate route and/or an update from a coffee stop (do you do those?) we might catch you up. Are you likely to head Lindarets direction?

David
snow conditions
DJL, no idea of route, but I'll send you a PM with my phone number and we can work from there.

If I were taking a group of red run skiers I'd head to Linderats, over to Plaine Dranse, down to Pre la Joux and toward Linga. But it depends on the group.

Best thing to do is phone me when you're en-route and we can hook up.
snow report
Is it too late to join in? We're in Avoriaz from 24 - 31 December for our first time in PdS so meeting some people who could show us around a bit would be smashing! We're both fairly competent, though I get a bit apprehensive of the very steep (though I expect we'll tackle the wall at some point during the holiday when I grow some balls). I think we could get to the Zore chair at 9.30, but may need some practice in working out a route from the apartment (bit dim when it comes to piste maps).

Only 3 days til we go now. Hurrah!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spannah, Take no.6 Proclou piste, then the Seraussaix chairlift. From the top of that lift any route you take will get you to the top of the "super morzine" lift! Enjoy all! Wish we could join you but will be in Norway soooon, very sooooooon! snowHead
snow report
Everyone welcome Spannah snowHead
snow conditions
Roy Hockley wrote:
Spannah, Take no.6 Proclou piste, then the Seraussaix chairlift. From the top of that lift any route you take will get you to the top of the "super morzine" lift! Enjoy all! Wish we could join you but will be in Norway soooon, very sooooooon! snowHead

Proclou starts at the bottom of the main beginner's area, goes under a bridge and then follow your nose.

Stay high at the top of Seraussaix (otherwise you'll do a little detour down to a drag) - and traverse across, which takes you to the top of the Zore chair and a drag lift.

Straight on again and follow the line of the Zore chairlift.

30 minutes tops. (It would probably take me 10-12 minutes.)
snow report
Now FlyingStantoni that sounds like a challenge being laid down NehNeh

We'll have a little explore and work out how to get there on 25/26 and will be there on 27th. Will PM my number (and would appreciate yours) just in case I get lost/lazy and don't make it on time.

Thanks for the directions all!
ski holidays
Could everyone who is planning on coming please send me a PM with your mobile number, how many of you there will be and skiing/boarding levels (so that I can have a think about potential routes).

If possible, I'll try to engineer a route that allows us to split off the "more adventurous" every now and again for a "little detour".

I'm assuming that everyone will have a PDS pass. Please let me know if this is not the case.

I'll let you have my mobile number if you need to get in contact.

I will be wearing multi-coloured, largely red outfit in the "Nevica" style and a green helmet. There is absolutely nothing subtle (or stylish) about the outfit. Toofy Grin
latest report
How the hell do I PM on this system? I don't see any PM buttons! lol
latest report
got it... bit of a search tho!
ski holidays
Looking forward to meet up. Wasn't sure yest as injuries playing up but today was ok. Public Enemy is looking forward to skiing with Flying Stantoni Wink
Prob easier for us to meet Lindarets way if that fits with route and others?
ski holidays
Lou, This takes me back. I had a great day over new year with my son and Mr and Mrs Flying Stantoni and Horizon a couple of years ago. Just make sure you take your sunglasses for Flying Stantoni's outfit. wink
snow report
geepee, ha! We have an equally lairy outfit in our party ie the same Laughing
snow conditions
geepee, ha! We have an equally lairy outfit in our party ie the same Laughing
snow conditions
So far we have:
- FlyingStantoni
- Spannah
- Lou
- helenmhudson

Possibly:
- DJL
- Sean (whose snowHeads name I've long forgotten)
- Fiona

The more the merry...

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 26-12-11 17:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy