Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

scottish resort opening dates??

Poster: A snowHead
hi does anyone know the opening dates of the scottish ski resorts? me and my mates are hoping to head to scotland for a couple of days skiing before christmas but dont want to go before any wheres up and running. any help appreciated, cheers james
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When the white stuff falls and enough off it they will open. Just keep a close on on their websites. Don't book anything yet. When the snow is good Scottish skiing is great.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If there is snow they will open
Have had great skiing in November a couple of times
We are close enough to decide to go a day or two beforehand when conditions are good
We do go to Avemore sometimes even if the snows not looking good we take the bikes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
westy117, in a recent discussion about Scottish skiing even the most enthusiastic supporters of Scottish skiing, who are also the most knowledgeable, suggested that it was not wise to book far in advance. There might be loads of snow, or none. Statistically I think the snow is generally better rather later in the season but you could get lucky.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Generally the first to open is Cairngorm, last year in November more usually sometime in early to mid December.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nevis range shuts until mid December to service the lifts. I can imagine that they'd try to get open early if they had a good dump though. Cairngorm probably the most snowsure (if there is such a thing) if you have to book ahead?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ok thanks for the advice everyone. think we will book a few days off work and go wheres best at the time, or we may book a ferry and drive into europe, although that may be too expensive for us which is why we thought of heading to scotland.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
westy117, it's hardly likely to be worth driving to the Alps for a "couple of days". Something like this would be far easier - http://www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks/view/tignes-chalet-hotel-les-melezes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowing today above about 800 metres, currently a wet and cool 4C-ish in Aviemore Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
westy117, where are you travelling from?

By the way, there are those who will tell you that Scotland NEVER closes for skiing. If you want lifts tho'...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
from Glenshee FB page today, looks skiable to me wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 19-10-11 9:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tavelling up from leicester, so was thinking drive up on a saturday and head back either tuesday or wednesday. we did ski cairngorm in janury at the start of the year and had a great time but i know it was a brilliant start to the season last year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
With the time of year your thinking of, if it's before the Christmas Holidays really get going then it's a very quiet time, so you could leave it till the last minute and book accommodation just before you set off.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For historical reference, by no means a forward prediction! CairnGorm Mountain Opening dates for recent seasons:

2010/11: Sat 13th November
2009/10: Sat 28th November
2008/09: Sat 1st November
2007/08: Sat 1st December
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
According to winterhighland and cairngorm website the car park tow is running! Surely not?!
latest report
Easily the most snow-sure month is March - especially the first half. Other times it could be great or there might be very little snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy