Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for: western Austria, off-piste snowboarding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helloes;

Yet another resort and accommodation recommendation request for a small group of snowboarding old-timers.

(Edit: after posting, hit on this thread, for anyone else looking.)

Our ideal snow day: get up, take the highest unexplored lift, climb the ridges for up to four hours, enjoy a huge back-mountain valley ride to a remote village, enjoy an end-of-day beer, find a ride to the cheap-ass B&B/flat talking about what we spotted for tomorrow. We have our rescue gear, won't be doing technical climbing, would love to find good off-piste guide books in addition to being able to hire a guide.

Any western Austrian spots I definitely should research? We've been to Arlberg/Lech/Zurs and loved it, but want to explore another area this winter.
I'm checking out Ischgl, which I expect to be good (but up in price what with the anticipated Swiss invasion), and trying to figure out whether the Damüls/Mellau area is varied and large enough to warrant a visit. Would love to hear your input on these and any others.

If you have a favorite B&B or flat that's not with the obvious online agents and that you don't mind divulging, even better!

Cheers,
//ata[/url]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe think about touring the Silvretta area which offers loads of touring from a base in Ischgl/Galtür on the Tirol side, or the Montafon on the Vorarlberg side. You can also tour over to Klosters in Switzerland crossing the Silvretta range. Each of the areas also has lift served skiing if you want a break from hiking up. There will be loads of good value B&Bs and apartments listed on the various tourist office sites. Haven't skied the Damüls area but the terrain looks great when I've driven through. I'd imagine there is some good touring to be had in the other Bregenzerwald areas too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy