Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy Alcott takes this season out

Poster: A snowHead
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/winter_sports/15305655.stm

We will miss you Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shame, lets hope we get to see her a little more on TV maybe presenting something somewhere? Will there be a High Altitude/Ski Sunday show this year?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

lets hope we get to see her a little more on TV maybe presenting something somewhere

I think this is the way her career is going to go - thought it the other year when she was doing the fitness video thing Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd suspect that's it - hard to pick yourself up for an Olympics after most of 2 competitive seasons out. Of course she'll want to keep her options open for Sochi, maybe a reality show documenting her comeback?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a shame but I'm not surprised, she's had a lot of injuries culminating in that awful crash - lets hope she does come back but I wonder to be honest!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Reading into what she has said, it seems to be the mental side that is holding her back, more than the physical.
She's always come across as a very determined individual, and works hard on fitness. Perhaps a sports physcologist or hynotist could help out with the other issues.
Here's hoping she comes back just as strong if not stronger.
A film crew tracing her comeback through adversity to the Olympics would make good viewing and also another incentive to train harder.
The British love an underdog. Reality TV seems envogue, so something like this i could see really taking off. Who knows...Anything is better than the millions of cookery shows right now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sadly no more High Altitude, but Ski Sunday returns in January (better late than never) - would be good to ski Chemmy instead of a certain Mr Bell
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
she was never going to be back on skis till January 2012 so i think the article just backs that up, it will take a bit of time to get everything back in line so not skiing competitively this season is the right move, the human body is an amazing piece of kit and i am sure that if she wants to come back to racing (which according the the interview she does) then she will work through the pain and get on with it when the body is ready
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Will be interesting to see how see gets on on Ice Skates!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2049755/Dancing-On-Ice-2012-line-Jennifer-Ellison-Heidi-Range-Sadie-Frost-stars-taking-part.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, top post, and anyone who races will tell you, speed events are real mind fcuks, so if you aren´t psychologically ready then YOU AREN`T READY.

She will be back, I am convinced, Sotchi was always the goal.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Embarassed Embarassed Saw the thread title and read it that Shimmy Alcott was quitting snowHeads for a season. Embarassed Embarassed

Hope the recovery is full and speedy and look forward to watching you racing sometime in the future Chemmy!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I spoke to Chemmy at the Ski Show today...She said she was really focussed on getting back. Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud, she will Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
like kevinrhead I think Chemmy will dance through her next championship, she always liked Ice!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great interview in this month's Ski+board
The work she is putting in to get back on skis is amazing.
latest report
Looking forward to the show. Lube and tissues at the ready.
ski holidays
Wierd interview in this month's ski and board. Did anyone else pick up on the bit when asked about the crash she said she didn't remember much about it, just the girl ahead going off and thinking she's wearing a thong, that's not her normal underwear...

There are so many dimensions to ski racing I'd never considered before.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy