Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Over 40's Jan to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
I started a conversation on Snowheads back in July with someone, similar circs as me, looking to go to Austria for a week at the end of Jan. but the original guy I started this conversation with has better plans afoot.
In the meantime our post got a bit of traction and the upshot of this is that there are now 4 or 5 blokes who are dead keen and wondering if anyone else out there is interested.
At the moment you are looking at ages from 45 - 60 and our ski levels range from 1 returning skier after 15 years through to good intermediate.
Flights from both London and Birmingham at the mo'
Ideal plan is going to be sole occupancy of a catered chalet for 10-14 in Austria
If your interested get in touch.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It looks like you already have your plans made but if they don't work out, I've organised a chalet for 19 solo skiers like you guys in Meribel 14th January. We are all single or else leaving non-skiing partners at home so we have sole chalet occupancy - no children, students, grumpy couples. We are 35 to 65 so far, mainly skiers, couple of snowboarders. Good balance of male to female. We are a relaxed bunch with nothing to prove on the piste, just wanting to share a chalet with other like-minded people. Cost is £650 sharing a room.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi i am a solo skier intermediate looking for a trip in January do you have availability.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bev wrote:
It looks like you already have your plans made but if they don't work out, I've organised a chalet for 19 solo skiers like you guys in Meribel 14th January. We are all single or else leaving non-skiing partners at home so we have sole chalet occupancy - no children, students, grumpy couples. We are 35 to 65 so far, mainly skiers, couple of snowboarders. Good balance of male to female. We are a relaxed bunch with nothing to prove on the piste, just wanting to share a chalet with other like-minded people. Cost is £650 sharing a room.

Hi my names John looking for a trip early January, can you send details of where you are staying.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is Chalet Bachal with Skiworld. If you want any more details, give me a pm.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 25-10-11 12:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bonnagg, Bonnagg,
John
We havent sorted anything accomodation-wiseyet = the plan is to get something a little 'lasminutedotcom' booking first or second week in December for January week. Normally deals cropping up at £500 rather than £600...

Our preference is Austria first, then possibly Italy /France

let me know if you havent sorted anything

Mick <Thirsty>
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bev,
Bev
Thanks for your reply - sounds almost like a perfect fit ....
Only one problem Ive got is that I found Meribel was excruciatingly expensive 3 years ago and my circumstances have got worse not better.

Mick<Thirsty>
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bev,
Bev
Thanks for your reply - sounds almost like a perfect fit ....
Only one problem Ive got is that I found Meribel was excruciatingly expensive 3 years ago and my circumstances have got worse not better.

Mick<Thirsty>
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's not the cheapest resort so you have to be careful but we return because we love the skiing, there is something to suit everyone in a large group and the apres ski is not too young to make us feel like geriatrics. At lunch most people have beer and chips and evenings are an apres beer before heading back to the chalet where wine is included with dinner. Chalet night off is usually a big get-together in one of the chalets with a buffet-style at about 20 euros each.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bev, Wouldnt be putting your mobile on here, could get some oddbods or spammers getting onto you - best to PM, suggest youy try and edit your mobile off.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Early to mid december sounds good to me depending on the snow cover, cant do January due to other plans. Any ideas let me know.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bev,

Hi, how many vacancies do you have left? I'm a 40 something male skier looking for a friendly group to join. Your group sounds ideal and the chalet looks beautiful. I didn't ski last winter and can't wait to go skiing this season, I just need to confirm my availability around mid Jan. I'd second Markymark29 too, not advisable to place your mobile number online, maybe the moderator could remove it?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There are four beds left. I can vouch for a very friendly, fun bunch.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi All
I'd be interested. Male , mid 50s intermediate. Ski buddy just let me down.

Get in touch if you have space and you think I might fit in.

Andrew
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry Andrew the beds have all gone except one and we need a girl now to share with another girl. We are a bunch of about 30 skiers and we get together each year so please keep in touch if you would like to join us another season.
snow conditions
thirsty , any idea of a price and anyone traveling from manchester?
ski holidays
Bev, Do you still have this one female space left for the January trip?
snow report
Hi. I'm also interested in the female space you have, if the other lady who has just posted turns out not to be Happy
ski holidays
Hi, yes, the place is still available on first come first served as it is already paid for and the rest of the crowd just want to find their last chalet mate.
snow conditions
O.K. I'd like to take it up. I will give you a call.
ski holidays
timooo and Andrew 1**2

Sorry chaps but we have now booked a much reduced crowd - 4 of us is the grand total
It may have been that, unwittingly, Bevs post in responding to me back in October kind of highjacked the thread or as I suspect most younger blokes thought Who wants to go off for a week with a bunch of zimmer-frames so spurned by the absence of any further interest we booked a hotel in Schladming - @£375 with Thompsons its cheap and cheerful to put it mildly.
If you 2 chaps are at a loose end wanted to a) team up and b) mix with other like minded bods (ages 48,49, 52 and 61) with nothing to prove and like a beer, we're going to be at the Rossl Hotel 7 nights from 15th january and youd be welcome.
Thirsty
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy