Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiski On2Off

Poster: A snowHead
pam w, how lovely to be able to ski before 3 years old. I hope I can arrange for my grandson to do the same. I suppose a house in the Alps does help Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
little ms spock wrote:
pam w, awww.... she's gorgeous. No doubt she'll be skiing rings round you all in no time at all!

Well one of my reasons for doing the On2Off is the vain hope of keeping up with toastertalby (age 8 ) as she goes into her 4th winter of skiing and second dose of Charlotte's magic come Easter.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 28-12-12 15:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davkt, give up now. Abandon hope. It won't be possible to keep up with her when she reaches double figures.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I suppose a house in the Alps does help

well she's been on the snow for a total of one hour so far, so that's within reach of any family lucky enough to go on a ski holiday. But it's a bit dependent on weather. Yesterday was too nasty to take her out - this afternoon was lovely, and tomorrow promises to be good too. But sometimes you could have a whole week of weather which wouldn't be much fun for a two year old. her dad is a good skier and a sports teacher, so although he's not a ski instructor, he has a good feel for how to help. We hope to get her some proper lessons with a nearly 4 year old cousin at Easter, when she'll have just turned 3. But for now, she's just learning that sliding is fun, and how to move around on her skis - there was a little mat left over from a ski lesson and she was side-stepping up that, and learning to do "marching feet". She got tired and wanted to go home, then as soon as they started driving up the hill she had absolute hysterics and spent the next half hour saying she wanted to do more skiing. She's been promised more skiing tomorrow, provided there is no more strop!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
davkt, give up now. Abandon hope. It won't be possible to keep up with her when she reaches double figures.

Already have done, just trying to postpone the inevitable!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davkt, Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had a text off Spyderjon to say the skis have the quiverkillers and the Storms have been serviced and fixed, rather trashed the one I was still using coming down an only partly snow covered Demoiselles on one leg after I tore my calf muscle last Easter so think everything is sorted!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And now checked in with Easyjet and boarding pass is printed and with the other travel docs, don't think there is anything else to do but pack and turn up for the plane!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

checked in with Easyjet

Eeek! I thought it was weeks away....... have you checked in already? Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, I haven't yet. I got the e-mail b4 Xmas but, as I'm travelling alone (although I'm on the same flight as davkt), there's no rush.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep online checkin opens a month before now so am checked in to seat 18A both ways
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And my Storms and TSTs are back from Spyderjon with quiver killers fitted, just need to get a pozidrive No 2 screwdriver then it will be 2 sets of skis sharing one set of bindings.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davkt, will Easyjet charge you for taking two sets of skis or will you be able to get both sets in a single bag?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have taken my big wheelie coffin bag on Easyjet with mine and one of kids skis or boards, boots and all the clothes and other bits bobs in it a couple of times, they don't seem to give a stuff as long as it is under 32Kg. Think there is a getout clause in their terms that they would only compensate you for one set if they trash them but no problems so far.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Right, I have seats booked for the flight and a transfer on Ben's Bus sorted. All I need now is to confirm ski hire and get myself to Grenoble. 9 days to go (not that I'm counting snowHead). Very sorry to hear that we've lost one of the party Sad, but at least it was due to skiing.
latest report
Screwdriver sorted, flight, parking and airport hotel sorted, Ben's bus sorted, only 55min from landing till bus so won't worry about Euros till I get to L2A think that is everything
snow conditions
little ms spock wrote:
Very sorry to hear that we've lost one of the party Sad, but at least it was due to skiing.

Puzzled
snow conditions
Pam W has had a bit of an accident, she is OK but a suspected fracture so won't be with with us (details on the birthday bash thread).
ski holidays
davkt, thanks for the update.
latest report
Do any of you Luton airport locals/users know anywhere close to the airport Holiday Inn to get something to eat at less than airport prices on Friday night or do I need to find food before I dump the car at airparks?
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
davkt, Although the Holiday Inn Express isn't that far away it's all uphill and is bl**dy hard work with skis, etc (I know I've done it). Leave enough time or catch the bus if running.

Well I'm installed in the Holiday Inn and have taken a wander over to the terminal to see where to go, nothing that counts as a hill to me on route! Steeper and longer between the front door and where the car is usually parked than the tiny bit of up I found! And me far too much of a non-city dweller to consider a bus for something I can walk in five min. Also pleasing to see jets coming and going, departure delays seem mostly down to earlier late arrivals so hopefull all should be good tomorrow as the snow seems to have stopped.
Oh hang on a sec EJ have just texted to say allow extra time time to get to the airport, better make that 6 min walk then!
latest report
davkt, hope you all get there OK and have a terrific week. Lots of reports and pictures, please! snowHead
ski holidays
Oh and am hoping against hope security don't want me to take off my Gronell hunting boots! Wellie height but lace up!
ski holidays
davkt, out of interest did you book hold bag + Snowsports equipment with EJ or just the latter? Have a good course in fresh snow Very Happy

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
kitenski, Just ski bag, I've done it that way before, plenty of room in my 190 board bag (one of those coffins on wheels things) and with 32kg allowance for my Storms and TSTs, boots, poles, avi kit and all the the other gear, have probably packed too much just to pad things out and keep them safe from the bag chuckers but still about 4kg under the limit.
pam w, Fingers crossed but the airport seems to running smoothly at the mo, have camera, charger and 2 batteries packed and even the kids Contour HD in the hope of a good end of school trip!
ski holidays
davkt, ok thanks! Wife has done the same for a trip in March, but EJ website says:

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4039/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1ODM3MTU3MS9zaWQvWEZTWnJ0Z2w%3D

You pay for Baggage allowance
0 bags,1 sporting item • total allowance 1 item @ 32kg
• this item must be a genuine sporting good as defined

Please note that you are not allowed to pack sports equipment and clothes together.
latest report
davkt, and they say women over pack rolling eyes. I'm hoping the 10 mile drive from my pad to Luton in the morning is uneventful. I've just swept & gritted the parking bays behind the flats (earning me some bemused looks and no offers of help). Alarm set for stupid o'clock, bags packed. What could possibly go wrong? Very Happy Cool Very Happy
snow report
davkt, Don't forget I live in the fens Very Happy Dragging my wheely bag with a ski bag over my shoulder up that hill at silly o'clock wore me out!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Not an eyelid batted at my ski bag as usual.
Great first day of the On2Off, sorry was too busy soaking up Charlotte's instruction then practising what we'd been taught to take any photos but so so much for off piste not always meaning powder, a least today even on piste means powder in Les 2 Alpes! Boot heigh soft stuff everywhere this morning and currently snowing like mad so maybe even more tomorrow.
Video feedback to come in an hour or so so we can all see how bad our skiing really is!
snow conditions
Quote:

a least today even on piste means powder in Les 2 Alpes! Boot heigh soft stuff everywhere this morning and currently snowing like mad so maybe even more tomorrow.

sounds wonderful; I'm jealous!
snow conditions
Keep us updated on the conditions - I'm out there next week and hoping to meet up with Charlotte. One of the best instructors I've ever had!!
snow report
davkt, thanks and glad the snow gods are giving you the goods, enjoy Smile
latest report
Stopped snowing as it went dark but has been heaving down again most of the time since and loads more forecast.
snow report
Just arrived in Grenoble for overnight stop after a fourteen hour drive, snow nearly all the way. Up early to be in L2A for 8.30am, looking forward to meeting up with others in the on2off group and first lesson, one day late Embarassed
latest report
Quote:

Just arrived in Grenoble for overnight stop after a fourteen hour drive, snow nearly all the way.

that sounds like hard work, Richard E. Have fun tomorrow. snowHead
snow report
Lots of snow outside the hotel this morning and not too cold (guess its around 0 at this level). I'll post the piccies of the view from my hotel room this eveneing. One less layer under my jacket and gloves instead of 3 finger mitts today I think as I got rather too warm yesterday.
ski holidays
And it has just started snowing again!
ski holidays
Another fantastic day with brilliant as always instruction from Charlotte. Random things I've learnt today:

Skiing down even an easy green can be very tricky when you are only allowed to use one ski!
Things can go pear shaped very quickly if you aren't concentrating on the quite steep and deep rolling eyes
But it doesn't hurt when it does go pear shaped (because you weren't doing it how Charlotte taught you) and you faceplant into it. Embarassed (think there is photographic evidence of this as well)
At least in powder your pole can't find the bottom of you and your skis don't go careering down the slope you'd have a hard time standing on in summer.
Getting skis reattached to boots in the deep following said faceplant is 'interesting'

In all seriousness 2 days of Easiski lessons I'm already skiing down things that even if not too challenging to you really gnarly snowHeads I'd have viewed as unskiable last week and am having a great time been pushed beyond my comfort zone but never overfaced.
latest report
davkt, sounds terrific. Wish I was there learning those things with you!
ski holidays
pam w, Hopefully you will be next year! Yup fantastic fun, the pretty steep and deep was at the side of Thuit 2 if you know that bit of L2A. Hope your recovery is on the way!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy