Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fixing a Peak Performance Jacket

Poster: A snowHead
yes yes, I know they aren't worth the money etc etc but I liked it so I bought it (about three seasons ago) anyway, one of the pockets has a damaged zip, it's come away from the material and I can't see any way of stitching it back on, from looking at it it looks like it was heat sealed on during the manufacturing process, I've bought a new jacket for this season but I'd like to try and get this one repaired - any ideas/thoughts would be welcome.

Standee
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Standee, Try for the guarantee first. I was talking to the manager of the Peak Perf shop in Chamonix (not a franchise, the shop's owned by Peak Performance themselves) last week and he said it's usually obvious if the garment's been abused or not. 'A full season' for an instructor were his words of describing lots of use. If not, Copydex it! That's always worked for me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got it from Ellis Brigham, probably 3 years ago now, so I doubt it's under guarantee. I don't think there is enough material on either bot to Copydex it (and I didn't know you could still buy Copydex either!) but I'll have a look, thanks houchard
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know about Copydex, I was hanging on to the last bottle that I've had for donkey's years!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
houchard wrote:
I don't know about Copydex, I was hanging on to the last bottle that I've had for donkey's years!!

I just Googled it, you can still buy it, it's just not in the same packaging as it used to be!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Standee, ...you could try araldite rapid. This has become a standard fix for exactly that problem - and it sets quickly enough for you to hold it in place while it sets. It wont be flexible, so if you have a problem of more than a couple of cm then it likely won't be right solution. But I would also try Peak P themselves - ie just send the jacket back for a repair - when I did this for a Rab jacket they did a brilliant repair.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Standee, contact PP directly, I'm sure they will repair it for free.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
These people come well recommended and aren't too far away from you - http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/ - but you'd have to pay of course.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well I emailed PP, and they are the square root of not very interested in helping.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/ they will let you know if its possible
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snakeskin Si, kevindonkleywood, thanks for that.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I found a flexible superglue, it is amazing stuff, allows you to repair clothing which will be flexed repeatedly.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kevindonkleywood wrote:
+1 for http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/ they will let you know if its possible

+1 Ditto - I sent them a couple of jackets, one with a rip and one needing a replacement zip, very well repaired. The trousers which need stitching they sent back saying that as the waterproofing had gone there wasn't much point in repairing them.

Good service, well priced
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett wrote:
kevindonkleywood wrote:

+1 Ditto - I sent them a couple of jackets, one with a rip and one needing a replacement zip, very well repaired. The trousers which need stitching they sent back saying that as the waterproofing had gone there wasn't much point in repairing them.

Good service, well priced

thanks for that, will give PP another few days to respond then get in touch with these guys.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
had a response from PP, they are happy to repair it if I drop it off at a shop local to me, problem is there website appears to be useless when it comes to finding stores, when you put your postcode in it shows a push pin of YOUR HOME and nothing about what stores are local.

so, anyone know of a PP shop in Notts, I think Snow and Rock or Ellis Brigham might be best????
snow conditions
sorted, thanks everyone
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy