Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel ski schools etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to Kitzbuhel and can recommend a good ski school for some lessons? It's been years since I've had a lesson so I'm going to take the opportunity to get my technique looked at in preparation for some serious skiing in St Anton at the end of March. Very Happy

My OH is a decent intermediate, but has never ventured off piste and would like to try it after years of watching me venturing off for the day. Does anyone in Kitz offer a piste to powder sort of course? She usually likes to have a day off the skiing so I'll either use that as a chance to get a lesson or get a guide and go exploring. Kitz doesn't have a big rep as an off piste mecca but from what I've read there's some interesting terrain if you know where to look-any suggestions for a guide too?

Any other hints and tips would be greatly recieve too!

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The traditional Kitzbühel ski school is the Red Devils. I expect they offer all sorts of courses (I have no direct experience of them myself). There are other ski schools nowadays in Kitz and round about. Probably someone else with experience of them will comment shortly.

If the conditions are right, the ski route down from the Pengelstein to Jochberg might be worth trying (34 on the piste map). It does involve a little walking or taxi/bus at the Jochberg end. I haven't skied it myself for quite a while, since the 3S lift bridged the gap over to Jochberg, so I'm not sure how much it is used these days. Route 33 (from the Steinbergkogel) is also possible but too far to walk at the bottom, there you do need bus/taxi. The ski route 90 down off the Steinbergkogel is also fine (straight down under the Steinbergkogel lift is more testing). If you like moguls, then you can try skiing down under the Zweitausender chairlift (G8 on the map). You can usually also find fresh snow not far from the piste in that area.

Almost forgot: there has been off-piste skiing on the Bichlalm (described as a touring area) in recent years, transport up on a piste machine. I've never tried that and I don't know if it will be offered next season.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy