Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help with obertauren

Poster: A snowHead
hi all
i'm trying to get prices/availability from a couple of pensions in obertauren end of feb/first week of march, i've sent a few email request via the resort website and direct and got ZERO response?!

anybody booked directly to a hotel in obertauren? there is only two adults and we didn't really want a big 4/5 star hotel, so was happy to find some smaller pension/b&b's but we are finding it iall a bit frustrating trying to get a room! is it school holidays or something?? we are planning on going around the 25th feb or 4th march......
any advise from anyone previously booked direct greatfully recieved!

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cbowls30, they may be on holiday right now as it is the traditional end of summer period where the resorts quieten right down.

It could also be that you have chosen places where they may not speak/read/write good English, so it may take time to get back to you. You could try following up with a phone call to the Tourist Office as I have always found them to be very helpful.

Failing that contact flangesax who are just down the road in Radstadt and also run an excellent B&B have an in-house instructor and will ferry you around the whole Salzburgerland Superski Area if you want.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably not much help to you given your requirements bot I can recommend this place http://www.hotel-steiner.at/
We are heading back in January one of my favorite places to ski
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed at: http://www.krallinger.at/
*** star hotel and not that cheap, over 60E per day per person
but the location is great, one chair lift just over the road and all main apres ski bars, nigh skiing etc. less than 100mtr away.
Rooms ok but a little bit outdated when we were there 3 years ago.
Brilliant resort.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cbowls30, i'm sure you'll get a responce soon enough!... but isn't that fasching weekend Sue?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, the second date is, not the first. Well spotted! wink Do you have any spaces those weeks?

cbowls30, you will be hard put to get there on the 4th March as that is the busiest week in the entire season. It might not be the best week to travel.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue,
i had no idea the 4th march was a bad idea!! is the week commencing 25th busy?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cbowls30, It is the carnival week (Mardi Gras), known as Fasching over here. All the catholic states in Germany have at least part, if not all of the week. If you add all the other areas that have holidays as well, in Austria, Scandinavia, Benelux, etc, you are looking at a very busy week. However it will not be as bad as say some of the French resorts when Paris empties and heads for the French Alps. You have a much bigger choice spread out over practically the whole country, rather than one restricted part.
Obertauern has few bottlenecks due to the whole planning of the system - many ways to get from the village to the slopes, so busy periods.

I hope you here soon, let me know if need any help, I can try to help.

Sue Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cbowls30 wrote:
Samerberg Sue,
i had no idea the 4th march was a bad idea!! is the week commencing 25th busy?

Are we getting dates mixed up? The site I looked at gives Rosenmontag as 20th February, so the week from 25th February will be the week after Fasching. And, as far as I can see, all the Austrian winter school holidays should be finished by then, so I wouldn't expect that week to be too bad (the Saturday/Sunday may still be busy).

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 16-10-11 13:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You're right espri, I must have been looking at the wrong year Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

cbowls30, I take it ALL back, both weeks are clear of holidays - although espri is right about the weekends being busy. We might be there for example Toofy Grin Laughing

(espri, are buying a Kitzbühler Alpen or a Salzburger Superski season ticket this year?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Send a nice email to the local tourist office. I've alway found that this yields great results.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks all! that clears it all up! it dosn't really matter to us when we go, we ALWAYS try to avoid any local/school holidays everywhere we go and fancied austria for the first time (always skied italy and couple of trips to france) i will put an email into the tourist office!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue wrote:
(espri, are buying a Kitzbühler Alpen or a Salzburger Superski season ticket this year?

I've decided to go for the Salzburger Superski Card this season, for a bit of a change. The only big area I'll lose is the SkiWelt, one of my favourites, but I imagine I'll have a few extra days there anyhow. Who knows how far east I'll get?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.obertauern.com/en/winter/accommodation-vacation-planner/accommodation-list.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
put in what you want from the drop downs then e mail them directly they nearly all have e mail addresses and some have websites..
not sure if the map is up to scratch tho .. i have booked direct with hotels there loads of times easy peasy
ski holidays
http://maps.obertauern.com/openpano.php?name=obertauern&hotelid=5152&lang=de&hotellink=false&gastronomylink=false
snow conditions
now thats what i call a map
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy