Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil Season Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if you get any free/reduced price days at any other resorts i.e. Grande Massif, Chamonix Valley during the season with this pass. Also I noticed on the Portes du Soleil website that there is a half season option - does anyone have any more information on what this means?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alj, yes, in the past we have had 3 free days at other resorts in the Haute Savoie - and then there are three half price days at some resorts in Switzerland. We usually use the French ones but have only ever been to Switzerland (using the season ticket) once and spent a day at Verbier.
Afraid I don't know what the half season option is - I shall wait to see what you hear about that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pamski +1. You have to pay 3 euros for the "free" tickets and can only use one per resort (Les Houches is usually counted separately from the rest of Chamonix). We didn't get given the half price Swiss tickets last year, but if they still exist, they give you up to four days half price in lots of Swiss resort. You can ski multiple days in a single resort, but have to buy a ticket every day.

alj, if you are content to ski just in Morzine / Les Gets then they do an extremely good value season pass, which is usually available until the end of November and doesn't depend on residency.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FlyingStantoni, If you buy a Morzine/LG pass, can you upgrade on a daily basis to a PdS pass ?. The Chatel season pass works out at about E350 and a break even point of 10 days skiing whereas the PdS is about E800 ie 20 days break even, which would be a stretch for me.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the information. For the past few years we have had an Evasion pass (St Gervais, Megeve, Les Contamines etc) where we had a discovery day in PDS so I assumed there would be the same on this pass but couldn't find the info on the website. We are out for pretty much the whole season so a full PDS season pass will be the right one for us. I guess we'll wait and see about the Swiss tickets. Any info about the half season pass would be useful as we have friends coming out for a shorter amount of time and this might be the right one for them......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, yes you get free days (3 euros to be precise) at all the Haute Savoie ski areas - grand massif, evasion mnt blanc, chamonix, aravis (la Clusaz/Grand Bo), praz de lys etc. You can't 'upgrade' for a day from morzine/les get to a full pds, so would need to buy for the day.

Quote:

the PdS is about E800 ie 20 days break even, which would be a stretch for me.

If you have an apartment rental contract or similar you can get residents price (approx 630 euros). Bit of a saving for you...

Also not sure about the half season pass but keen to hear about it form anyone who does - could be useful for a friend of mine too!

cheers
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alex Narracott, Thanks for the confirmation - its always tricky trying to pin these things down from the website alone. We'll see if anyone comes up with details of the half season however I think it will probably have to wait till we get there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BergenBergen, my understanding is that you can't upgrade.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can get a reduction on a days pass but you have to leave your pass at the lift office and collect it at the end of the day which is a bit of a pain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FlyingStantoni, Chattonmill, Thx, there goes my cunning plan Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Apologies in advance if I haven't read the thread properly (in a bit of a rush), just wanted to say that we have upgraded our Les Gets/Morzine passes to Avoriaz day passes.

It was cheaper to organise this the night before in Les Gets (tourist office desk) and they kept our passes overnight which was fine.

We have also done it in Ardent where we got little or no discount. They didn't hold onto our LG passes. Surly woman was quite annoyed that we even asked why LG could give a discount and she couldn't. You would have thought that they were arch rivals Confused
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Lou, useful to know.

I must admit that I've only ever tried at Ardent. Maybe it was the same lovely lady wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lou, thank you - I knew I had heard of someone doing it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alj, GM passes can be ordered from 22 Oct and either posted if paid or collected from the caisse. Season passes are listed here http://www.grand-massif.com/hiver/skiez_tarifs.php and the GM season is 429€ which is around the best value you'll find -even better 5-17 years are 249€.

Flaine is set to open 10 Dec to 22 April -If you buy the season pass the insurance which cover refund for injury/evacuation is approx 29€ for the season.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy