Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plagne for New Year? With kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I know BP gets great reports for skiing with kids, but has anyone been over the festive period? Is there much going on, thinking like people celebrating at the bells etc. Or is it very bland... for want of a better word.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did half a season in Belle Plagne last year, and was there for new year...

I should imagine that what I wanted from new years was a bit different from what you're looking for though!

They have a massive piste party just down the hill at the lift hub in Bellecote (we bin bagged down the piste after finishing our shifts... You could easily walk down the road though), which was awesome... But I guess maybe not the best for kids? There were plenty of kids about especially earlier on. Definitely not bland though!!

From speaking to the families in our hotel I think it was mainly limited to the bars in BP or hotels themselves, couldn't tell you much more than that cos obviously I was down at the piste party.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was there a few years ago for new year week with little kids. For the bells there was a great fireworks session down in Plagne Bellecote followed by massive outdoor party/concert post midnight. You can catch gondola down. Up till the fireworks there are some cafes open and the kids can play with sledges, but after the bells it becomes progressively more adult like. Getting back up the hill via gondola was a nightmare and was waits of around 40 mins. We walked back up the road it was quicker. Found same as bob said....very little else going on in BP itself.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bobmcstuff, sd2010,

Thanks good info, good to know we should prob head down to Plagne Bellecote for the fireworks.

Does Belle Plagne look very festive over the holidays?

Staying at Hotel Turquoise with Crystal, mixed reviews, but mainly good as long as not looking for anything fancy. Fine for us.

If any more info from anyone on hints/tips/experience for Hotel Turquoise or Belle Plagne, I would love to hear them!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gilly, others may disagree but me and the grandparents (who spent more time in the village than me) didn't find it very festive. Though alpine in stype, its modern and there isn't an awful lot of normal/village life in BP from what I remember, I would probably describe it more as functional with some lovely views down the mountain. It was easy to access the slopes and you could avoid the traffic jams down in Bellecote - our 5 year old niece progressed really well whilst there. The crystal place that I saw looked really handy for ski school and the beginners area as well and think you might actually have been able to ski back to the building. The hogmanay fireworks are a definite highlight of the week!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy