Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liquid Image Snow Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody tried these...any good? Quality etc? Seems to solve phaffing about with head cams etc.

http://youtube.com/v/9nZvdUgaDjw
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Exposure of the footage looks a bit variable, with some brief shots looking like the snow was well over-exposed (a problem which seems to be fairly common across helmetcams).

I really like the idea and if the exposure wasn't an issue and you could get different colour lens for the googles (something orange or yellow for low light days) I'd be really interested in buying.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here's a better review...

http://youtube.com/v/gr8HHpc-DrE&feature=related
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar wrote:
Exposure of the footage looks a bit variable, with some brief shots looking like the snow was well over-exposed (a problem which seems to be fairly common across helmetcams).

I really like the idea and if the exposure wasn't an issue and you could get different colour lens for the googles (something orange or yellow for low light days) I'd be really interested in buying.

Apparantly you get Amber Lens as well. http://pointofviewcameras.co.uk/liquid-image-summit-ski-goggle-camera

BTW...I'm nothing to do with this product, it just looks interesting to me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks good, especially if they do a 1080p version. However some thoughts in relation to the other POV cameras out there.

If you get a pair of ski goggles with a camera fitted you can only use it when skiing, whereas the other POV cameras can be used for other sports, MTB, Horseriding, scuba etc etc.
If the camera is in the goggles you can only use it effectively if wearing the goggles, so no slipping the oakleys on. (obviously fine if you always wear goggles).
I can see them being very attractive to opportunist scum when you sat in the bar at lunchtime, no more so than other POV cameras but at least with them you can put them in your pocket out of the way (as an aside how many of us have walked out of bars/restaurants and left stuff at the table..)
Not sure if that flashing led is going to annoy you or not but something to think about.
How much of the view is restricted by the LCD inside the goggles, looks quite obtrusive to me on first glance but without actually trying them on I wouldn't know.

I may go an get some to supplement the gopros I've got and have a play but I am not big lover of goggles.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
to add - just checked the price $249 and they only do 30fps so not up to doing super slow mo editing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We just bought a pair of these for our Alpe D'Huez trip next year. Ordered via Amazon.co.UK, arrived from America inside 3 days!! We ordered the 720p after much deliberation....had been waiting for the 1080p, due out anytime now but looks like they will be around £300 and only do 30fps at 1080 whereas the 720s do 60fps and only cost £150 all in.

Operation looks fantastically simple and I can't wait to try them out. We also have a contourHD 1080p so will be comparing the 2 cams in 720p mode. Had some issues with vertical alignment of the contourHD last year but just found out today there is a firmware update which may resolve this issue. This is one reason we're trying the Liquid image goggles. They literally see what you see! No alignment issues, mounting issues, viewscreen issues etc.

They do seem to suffer from more fisheye distortion than the contourHD but yet to try them in the open air. Will report back after field testing (not skiing unfortunately) if anyone wants further feedback but so far happy with what I've seen.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look crap - POV is getting overplayed but if you can't see your skis or board in shot loses all point
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob wrote:
Look crap - POV is getting overplayed but if you can't see your skis or board in shot loses all point

Could that be just that the board is (too) short? Can't currently remember seeing any POV with a board in shot. Also I'd have thought that having the camera lower than on top of the head would get more ski/board in?

It's a good idea though, loses the dickhead/teletubby factor of most headcams.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I agree on the POV thing, just quiver killer a mount on the board/skis, and mount a Go-Pro bracket on there, results are awesome! If I hadn't had my laptop swiped I would be able to load some up to show.

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scottydog, yep thats the way to go.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure you'd want a whole film form on the skis (or any other mount for that).

Anyone tried just the normal gopro flat adhesive mount on skis?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yep, on a ski, on a boot, on a helmet and other mounts such as chest mount, pole, high level back, hand and others. They all work but as with all videos it's the edit that makes the product work.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy