Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some help needed booking a resort-TODAY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

By chance I've been sent a discount code for one of only 2 weeks I had free next year to go skiing. It's only valid for yesterday and today (£400 off). I looked at various hotels and resorts last night and was struggling to make a decision. I'd started looking at the Dolomites previous to getting the offer and looking at what's on offer accomadation in Passo Tonale or Val Di Fassa seems decent value. It seems that these don't have the greatest access to the slopes (bus ride) and both are places I don't know much about.

There's also a really good offer on a club hotel in Kitzbuhel-(All Inclusive) Good access/location, little bit nervous about the altitude but in my experience should be safe for mid-Feb. Resorts in SkiWelt are within budget but I've been before. There are a few others are within my budget within IschglBad Gastien, and Obergurgl.

As per previous posts we're looking for somewhere where we can really cover some mileage, and have good access to the slopes? Anyone comment on the specific Dolomite towns and where of the above would suit best?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think Tonale fulfills your really cover some mileage requirement.

Val di Fassa is about 30 miles long: where exactly are you looking at?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The accom we've been looking at is Pozza. There are options in Selva and Madonna but they're a little more expensive. Cortina is quite a bit more for equivalent standard of accom.

Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pozza is a bit out on a limb. You can ski over to Alba one way and the other way to Vigo, but otherwise you are on the bus to Campitello (for the Sella Ronda) or San Pellegrino (to sample the waters?).
Selva would be far more convenient, and has lots more skiing nearby that either Madonna or Cortina.

If mileage and good price are your key elements, then the Kitzbuhel option sounds good: don't worry about the altitude in February!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers. Although I've never been to Kitz I'll already be in Austria later in the season and although I've skied in Italy via linked resorts I've never been based there and the Dolomites is just a place I'd like to experience. So it seems like I should either look at Selva or consider scrapping the idea and head to Kitz.

Have you skied both? If so what were your overall impressions of both? As mentioned in previous threads although we've skied together plenty if time me and my OH have never had a ski holiday where it's been just the 2 of us, so we're after a bit more of a chilled out experience where we can ski along and take frequent stops on the mountain for a hot drink to admire the views!

The mileage requirement is to suit my OH as she had a bad fall last year so needs to rebuild her confidence.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Both areas have great skiing.Kitz town is nicer than Selva but the scenery in Selva is awesome.Both have great huts for lunch.
I would think selva is better for high millage and the runs are easier than kitz.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your reply. We're leaning more towards Kitz now for a few reasons.

We can stay AI in Kitz for £630 pp

Cheapest HB in Selva is £700.

We can fly from our local airport to Austria while Italy is Manchester and about an extra hour each way. Transfer is aprox 1 hour less each way once we land too.

Only thing that is pulling me towards Selva is the scenery plus the fact I've not had an Italian based ski holiday. Going to book up tonight but I'm currently 80:20 in favour of Kitz I'd say.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is Passo Tonale in the Dolomites?? I have been there and didn't get the scenery I would have expected from the Dolomites. Ok place but limited skiing - strike it off your list.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I believe passo is sold as the Dolomites with some operators. From what I've read it has a link with Madonna di Campiglio.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey, check out the Hotel Garnì Roberta (http://www.garniroberta.com/en/), it's on the Marmolada, and directly of the slopes 06 of the Dolomites Superski. They always have great offers too. Check it out and keep us updated.
If you've never skied in Italy, you should totally give it a go, slopes on the Marmolada are pretty cool.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy