Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montriond

Poster: A snowHead
For a seasons rent. Property is extremely good relative value, but slightly concerned it's a little isolated.

Opinions/advice please.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our HQ is in Montriond - it's a great little village, has a cracking, reasonably priced pizza restaurant and take away, Bar Tabac with amazing views over the valley and great FREE ski bus links up to Ardient and to the Super Morzine - by far the quickest way on to the mountain. Montriond is also a short trot in to Morzine - just 20 mins, straight, flat road, cross the Super Morzine bridge, there you have it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
YodelMagazine +1

Small, but perfectly formed and one of everything you might need - bar, restaurant, shop, cash machine (that does phone top-ups), ski shop. You could survive out of the shop without going to the supermarket.

Easy bus ride up to Ardent (much better than Super Morzine in my view). A 10 minute drive up to Ardent if you have a car.

The walk back from town is short enough to be do-able and long enough to walk off the beer a bit. (So I understand - we're on the other side of the valley.)

If you can't be arsed walking then people are normally very good about picking up hitchers. (I always stop if I can.)

Go for it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
we're even further out - Essert La Pierre, but looking forward to peace and quiet when we want it
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee, Essert's lovely. The hill can be a bit fierce, but you'll soon get used to the screaming!

(Just kidding Toofy Grin )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Montriond is lovely! Really quick access up to ardent which in my opinion is the best way Into the PDS. Lovely walks around lake Montriond as well. You can even go ice diving!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FlyingStantoni, Sounds lovely , but for a whole season ???
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, Depends on how often you want to stagger home from Opera Rock.

Nadenoodlee, That's not isolated, that's on another continent!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, we wanted somewhere peaceful, with parking, that we didn't have to share (no seasonnaire chalets) that had wifi, oh and room to swing a cat, andeasy staggering home distance from Opera wasn't a criteria- hence Essert Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DrJohn kindly posted this on my behalf - I am said friend.

I'm basically looking to leave the rat race for 3 months, chill out and get some good slope time in - so I won't be working and partying is not high up on the agenda, I can do that in London all day long. So just a good smattering of bars and, in particular, restaurants I can walk/drive/taxi to. Never been to this area before and was concerned a little about it being a bit fragmented and also read some reports about altitude and snow cover - but I'll be there from Jan through end of March so one assumes snow cover is less of an issue then.

Any recommendations in the area would be awesome, have read a few other threads around here too and found a couple.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mydigitalself, we're doing exactly the same and I can't wait.

I realised yesterday I can identify passing sirens when i'm in bed - it is time to leave London!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodle, excellent, where abouts are you going?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mydigitalself, we are in Essert La Pierre - further down the road from Montriond. Heading out in the car beginning of December to drop stuff off and then flying out for the season on the 16th December. I have a few contacts for accommodation from when I was looking - do you know what you want yet? PM me if you have any questions.

S
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mydigitalself, You do not say which part of Montriond this "extremely good relative value property" is positioned.
Chef lieu is fine. If you are down in La Gliere, or over in Le Cret, Les Granges or Lavanchy you may have a good bit of walking to do. Or end up driving everywhere.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very good point DallyPaul.
snow conditions
How much is it btw?
latest report
The chalet is on the back road up to lac de montriond and ardent. Near Chalet Rosetta. I have no idea exactly where that means! Its 6000eu/month for a very luxurious 5 bedroom, study, boot room. I'm not exactly roughing it...
snow conditions
That's the road off to the left just after the roundabout that you can take rather than staying on the main road up to Ardent. There seem to have been lots more chalets built up there in recent years.
ski holidays
mydigitalself, If thats your budget - then go smaller (if its just you) and up your spec?
snow report
The spec is actually pretty up there to be honest! I've been looking around the entire French alps for a long time, was really looking at a 3 bed (for guests & friends - some with kids) and finding this was spot on. Was a little concerned about the location, but with a car (need to organise something - know any medium/long-term rentals?) and really wanting some isolation and downtime I think it's perfect.

PM me and let's make a plan to meet up when we're there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy