Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow trains on sale from Thursday 13th October @ 5 am

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just received this reminder from Rail Europe.

Winter Booking Window opens this Thursday at 5am!
On Thursday 13th October, anyone wanting to book French rail travel for their Christmas, New Year or ski holidays should set their alarm clocks for an early start. Trains running to the new winter timetable go on sale at 5am and due to pan-European demand, it is likely that the best fares will sell out quickly.The winter timetable features increased services on routes popular with skiers, such as the Paris to Moutiers, Aime, Bourg St Maurice overnight service, which runs every night throughout the winter ski season
Trains begin running on the new winter timetable on Sunday 11th December 2011 and from Thursday, you’ll be able to book tickets for travel through to Thursday 12th January 2012.

Can be booked either via Rail Europe or directly at www.sncf.fr
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
However the previous weekend (Sat/Sun 3rd/4th) is still a black-hole of no timetable info for Bourg-Paris due to engineering works. (PSB-ers I just checked again, still not released. Will look again on Thursday morning though in case they declare it at the same time as the winter timetable.)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another reminder from Rail Europe received today,

For customers wishing to travel from 3rd February to 12th March 2012 inclusive on any French domestic or TGV Lyria service to Switzerland, bookings for this period open on 3rd November 2011 (05:00 BST).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just contacted Rail Europe to find out when there will be a timetable for the Paris to Turin train which stops at Oulx for the Milky way resorts.

They are still not selling any tickets for this service beyond mid December rolling eyes They do not yet know who will be running the service. Confused

They said they are hoping tickets will be available from mid November for dates from mid December onwards. Glad I am not travelling till March. Hopefully the train companies will have got their act together by then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I still don't get the SnowTrain, yes people say you get a day extra on the slopes but that is because you set off a day earlier. If I flew on Friday night instead of Saturday morning I would get the extra day too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
russ_e, where will you stay on the Friday night? If you're wanting to ski Saturday-Saturday (inclusive) and got a flight in on the Friday night chances are you'd have to pay for an extra nights accommodation.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skichampcouk, what are they saying about 13th Jan- 3rd Feb though ??
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arctic Roll, Either they didn't say or, more likely, I missed that email from them. I haven't checked but I would assume tickets are now available up until 12th March 2012.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For all of you waiting for November 11th to book for February 11th.. Hard luck, the tickets went on sale yesterday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy