Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Val d'Isère from Tignes les Brevières?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Can anyone give me a sense of how accessible th Val d'Isère pistes are from Tignes les Brevières? Can one make it there and back (with some time to enjoy) in a day? How long does it take to get from les Brevières to, say the ocher de Charvet? (I have never been to the Espace Killy before). We are all fast skiers. Than!s.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, easily. Tignes and VdI link very well, you've pretty much got a couple of chairs from Les Brev then a ski down into le Lac. Then up the Aeroski bubble, ski down to the Marmottes lift, up that and you're below Rocher de Charvet. A simple ski round and down the Face olympic black run and you're into VdI centre. I'd guess from Les Brev to the top of Marmottes wouldn't take much longer than 45 minutes or so, at a fair lick.

The best thing about the Espace Killy links between VdI and Tignes is that there is not just one bottle neck where the two link, it really is a well joined resort with two or 3 different options to get from one to the other depending on where you are. Makes planning a varied day much easier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easy. From Brev (this year until they replace the chairs) its two lifts up (Sache gondola and Aiguille Rouge chair... then ski down to Le Lac, Aeroski bubble up. Ski down to Marmottes lift... then several options to the Rocher to Charvet but there is no piste skiing as such there apart from the LOVELY greens of Grand Prix. Otherwise carry on down into Val and you can link up the Solaise side and onwards towards Laisanent sectors or Fornet sectors from there. To the top of Marmottes lift allow 40 mins at min and 1 hour going at a steady pace and allowing for a short queue here and there but unless peak season or peak time of the day that shoule be VERY minimal. It is POSSIBLE to get all the way from Brev to Val on Blues (one easyish red into Lac) but Santons Blue into Val is pretty god darn horrible most of the time - download on the Olympic cable car into Val if in doubt!

One thing is for sure Val and Tignes - we are super well interlinked. Enjoy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy