Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FIS compliant Fischer SL skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick question with regards Fischer SL skis, can anyone tell me what the 2010/11 season version of the 09/10 RC4 WC SL T-Tune (TWCP) was called. That's the race dept. style ski with the race plates.

For some reason I'm finding working out which was the top of the line 10/11 Fischer SL ski rather confusing right now Embarassed

Basically I'm after a 165 FIS compliant version of the 09/10 ski (which I have) but they seem to have changed the names and style of plates and I don't want to get the wrong type (and don't particularly want to pay 11/12 season prices either!)

Thanks Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roga, I don't think they have changed the plates, the names were pretty much the same in 09/10 and 10/11 too.

There are a fair selection of pictures from different years here or on Ski Depot, which ones have you been looking at ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah thanks for that rjs, I think it's the sheer number of RC4 models out there some of which seem to be models designed for race wannabees with a softer flex etc.

The prices on the French site you linked to are very good (certainly a bit more competitive than Bartletts lol), have you ordered from them yourself?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga, I have 2xSL and 1xGS from them, get any servicing done there and will probably buy new boots from them at some point this winter. I bought from their shops though not online, most of the local (Mont Blanc and Savoie) clubs buy from them too.

The skis labelled as "Occasion" will have been on season long rental.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs, they sound good.

Yes, I discovered "occasion" meant used after I commented about price lol - do you reckon they'll be pretty knackered hence the price? Just wondering if it's worth a punt or if I'd get something with no edge left and knackered bases!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, not sure if you spotted the question above - if I bought a pair of these what sort of condition could I expect them to be in?

Obviously if they were knackered out with no edges it'd be a pointless buy but if they had a decent amount of edge and 'bounce' left in them it might be worth me contemplating getting a pair for general snow use, at least for a season.

What do you think?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roga... I don't know much about these skis, but a quick search found these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330624589413&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_1088

worth a punt? they're 160s though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shoogly, these are not same skis. Race service skis are the ones with hole, and they are RC4 Worldcup SL. Those on your link are at least 2 levels down. Store version of Fischer Worldcup SL skis are Worldcup SC, and if I remember right, RC4 Race SC (skis on your link) come next.
roga, I have no idea how those particular skis look like, but race stock skis (including Fischer WC SL) have very thin edge once they come out of factory already. So if they were regularly sharpened, then there's pretty good chance edge is extremely thin after only one season.
PS: With Fischer, flex and tune of race stock skis is incorporated into serial number of ski.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
These are good value... not Fischer, but a cracking ski.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-11-Atomic-FIS-Race-D2-SL-Skis-165cm-Flat-NEW-/300604817036?pt=Skiing&hash=item45fd717e8c
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi guys, I'm a little late to the party, but if you'd like to learn a bit more about the 2011/12 Fischer RC4 Worldcup SL you might want to check out this ski profile we shot in Bormio last season.

http://youtube.com/v/vG5st2QVFhw
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy