Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis you've sold but wish you'd kept...

Poster: A snowHead
Me.

Fischer AMC79s... bought and sold on here. wish I still had them for harder snow days.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
K2 Apache Chief.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I gave my first board away, as a favour to a friend to bribe their kid to do his coursework... it was crap but I both rue and lament it's passing. Little b'stard probably swapped it for a baggie of MeowMeow anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fischer Kehua and Rossi S7 in 188
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fischer Futura my first skis Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, I am not very worldy wise..at all.....what is a baggie of MeowMeow Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways, you just reminded me, off track a little but my OH gave away my Tony Alva original 1970's skateboard which had green kryps and 6 inch trucks, she gave it to the kid next door when we moved house becuase she said I was to old for a skateboard at 26, and was feed up of all the little kids knocking on our front door to see if I wanted to come out and play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All of 'em Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, were they the big orange ones?

not big by todays standards off course! Must've been around 5 years ago as that's when I first started getting back into this skiing lark and I can remember wanting a pair as my first skis Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
carroz, it was a popular craze amongst the youth of today like the hoola hoop, the Beatles, texting and chlamydia.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mission 178 with rental bindings
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly, Mine were the year before that, same ski though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
??? What about the skis you've kept - but wished you'd sold ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have just sold a pair of Atomic Nomad Crimson TIs and was very sad to see them go ...

... just didn't get the use out of them though and have a number of other skis to play with so I'll cope!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shoogly, If you see a fischer maru 79 appear on ebay.....its the same ski as AMC 79 with a small plate and they tend to go for not much as no one knows what they are, ski bilek sold loads of them....wish they were still about
snow conditions
ski, K2 Public enemies. I didn't understand how bad they were til i got off of them. I bloody loved them when i got them as well!!!!!!
snow report
I haven't kept any of my longboards. I wish I still had the 205 cm Fischer RC4 Vacuums...I would definitely take them out at the end of the season.
snow report
horizon,
Quote:

I wish I still had the 205 cm Fischer RC4 Vacuums

nice ski Very Happy
snow report
shoogly wrote:
Me.

Fischer AMC79s... bought and sold on here. wish I still had them for harder snow days.

I never owned them but got two pairs from Ski Bilek for friends (with no ebay account) one pair around the £90 and another around the £60. I wish I had got a pair for myself. What a bargain. I miss Ski Bilek.
ski holidays
ski, ...what about skis you bought, didn't sell, still love...but wished they weren't on their last legs due to being loved so much and skied so intensively...I've a pair of salomons Scramblers which were always a 'fourth pair' ... but are wood core, delaminating at the tail, edges so thin they about to peel off, top sheets hacked to pieces on the edges, divots all over and araldite holding them together - they are a 'tutoring-others day-ski and rock-ski' but I just love them...and will greatly regret their passing to the Great Skip in the Sky...(cue vocals from Dark Side of the Moon...)
snow report
Never sold any of my skis ... now have around 45 pairs, dating back to mid 1980s
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:
horizon,
Quote:

I wish I still had the 205 cm Fischer RC4 Vacuums

nice ski Very Happy

Still have my 210s in my sisters attic. Love the colour scheme.
snow conditions
valais2 wrote:
ski, ...what about skis you bought, didn't sell, still love...but wished they weren't on their last legs due to being loved so much and skied so intensively...I've a pair of salomons Scramblers which were always a 'fourth pair' ... but are wood core, delaminating at the tail, edges so thin they about to peel off, top sheets hacked to pieces on the edges, divots all over and araldite holding them together - they are a 'tutoring-others day-ski and rock-ski' but I just love them...and will greatly regret their passing to the Great Skip in the Sky...(cue vocals from Dark Side of the Moon...)

My Dynastar Big Troubles - even the metal protection cap things on the ends are work about halfway down. Will be very sad when they die!
ski holidays
clarky999, ...dynastar when they were good, were very good. Legends, Intuitivs, and of course the pioneering Omeglas mega-shovel slaloms...goodness I was sad to put some Omeglas in the bin...they were completely gone, flat, no camber, no edges, but a hard day to break them in half and stick them in the wheelie-bin....
ski holidays
shoogly, There's a pair of AMC 76's currently on fleabay with about 24 hours to run. Go on.......you know you want to. Laughing
latest report
GeorgeVII, They have the Fischer disease of that era...my RX8's did this..... peeling top sheet, bit like a silver birch tree, except that is supposed to do it!
snow report
carroz, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
From the 80's

Fischer RC4 165
Probably some others, just can't remember.

From the 90's:

Rossi 4S 195
K2 MSL 203
K2 Extreme 195
Salomon Force 9 185
Atomic Arc 835 EX/M 185
Dynastar Vertical Assault 195
Kastle RX15 175

From the Naughties:

Nothing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Movement Pow Pow Ltd's, sweet skis with the pimpest swallow! Massively fat at 92mm under foot of course...
snow report
powder.jan wrote:
Movement Pow Pow Ltd's, sweet skis with the pimpest swallow! Massively fat at 92mm under foot of course...

Doh! That was me, sorry powder_jan!
snow report
the_doc, haha, can't believe you sold your mums skis.
snow report
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
just came across an ebay site that may be a good replacement for ski bilek snowHead

http://stores.ebay.fr/TOP-and-SPORT/Skis-Adulte-/_i.html?_fsub=16611253&_sid=345154981&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
snow report
shoogly, your much lamented amc 79......have some more..well similar (nowt to do with me mind you!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fischer-All-Mountain-Skis-176cm-/260877087616?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item3cbd7c7380
snow conditions
horizon, eBay shows these, if you're feeling extra nostalgic one day! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Fischer-Skis-Salomon-747-Bindings-200cm-/200657680796?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item2eb821399c#ht_500wt_1054
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy