Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski courses (not instructor)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I did a search prior to creating this thread but would like some more specific answers to what I'm looking for.

I have a full time job which is a career for life which I'm immensely happy with, however, on the side I do love skiing and always have since I picked it up eight or so years ago.

I'm keen to go out to the states or Canada (probably canada) and do a few weeks long ski course. Having done a bit of research beforehand I'm aware that quite a few of the companies which do ski instructor courses do shorter ones along the lines of improvement / development camps.

I'm not too bothered about the cost (if reasonable) but considering this will probably be my only opportunity in life to do something like this before getting nailed down with bills, mortgages, more work commitments and all of that other rubbish I'm keen to make sure I choose the best option for me.

What I want to do is improve my ski ability.

I'm able to do however many weeks.

I do not want to become a ski instructor so I don't need to pay for any of that stuff simply improvement / development of my ski ability already which is where I can ski blacks comfortable.

Any suggestions / experiences from others who have embarked on a similar path?

Cheers,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone?!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When my husband and I did our three month season in Whistler we went on a combination of Dave Murray ski camps and Ski Esprit courses. At the time Ski Esprit ran at weekends as well as during the week and Dave Murray camps run for three days starting on a Monday. We bought a platinum pass (I think it has a new name now) and that covered all courses plus the CSIA level 1 training.

An option for you might be the Yes Improvement courses.

http://www.yesimprovement.com/ski/improve/whistler.html

According to this page each course lasts seven days and you can do as many weeks as you like.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for that. Do you have any experience personally or anyone else with yesimprovement?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll have more choice with European based courses....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could have a look at world class skiing: http://ski.world-class-skiing.com/

We went on one of Alex's course when the first carving skis came out (K2 Fours for those who remember them!) and it was just brill (and not that expensive either).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HORT1, consider going to Whistler and getting a (what I think is a called a) Platinum Pass. Unlimited lessons with the ski school; Dave Murray and Simply Canadian.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i agree that you may well get a better selection (and cheaper I reckon) or at least more for your money in Europe.

Personally what I would do is go to WHSmith and pick up the latest Fall Line magazine as they have a large selection at the back of course providers, website addresses etc etc etc and that way you can sit in front of the PC and scroll through all the options one by one!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rent an appartment/etc for a month (or as long as you can) in resort, ski everyday with lots of people, get an instructor/guide once or twice a week.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
have a look at this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80072#1872324
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just an update here I ended up doing a course called master the mountain with a company called Nonstop over in Fernie, BC. Briefly this featured ski tuition followed by touring and then going to a back country lodge accessible only by helicopter before skinning up and skiing down fresh lines all day!

It was well worth the money and rather then type war and peace about it on here and have no one read it if anyone sounds tempted by it then feel free to PM me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HORT1, Don't worry it will be read. Be good to understand what the pros of the approach are. Personally I'd have gone with Stantoni's or clarky999's approach but then I get "instructed out" quite quickly.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah everyone loves a good trip report.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Would love to read the report, if you feel like writing it.

I always wanted to do an instructor course/season in Canada, but as the years are going on I don't think it will happen in this life Smile

So, I would be interested in what you got up to, and how much you feel it helped you?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy