Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stay in Stubai?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning a trip next weekend up to Stubai glacier, driving form Bodensee. Looking on booking.com most of the accomodation seems to be in Neustift, is that the main villag up the valley? It doesn't look too far from the lifts. Is there a free ski bus up form there. If I take the car up to the resort is there a decent car park.

Is Neustift open this time of year or will things be pretty quiet up there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevev, it will be very quiet, it really is between summer and skiing right now and many hoteliers may be taking their holidays as well.

There is a bus, it comes up from Innsbruck and stops to pick up people along the route. If you have your car, it is better and easier to drive up to the glacier car parks and use the shuttle bus provided there. That is free, the other bus is not out side of the main skiing season.

Saying that, the snow is supposed to be MEGA and I really envy you but I'll be on my Brettl on the 22nd in Öztal. I'm going to the opening day for the World Cup races on the Rettenbach Glacier in Sölden. I'm only going to the women's races on the Saturday now as the Rugby World Cup Final is on the Sunday and I want to watch that.

Wouldn't Sölden be a better shout for you down in the Bodensee area? It is a wee bit closer I would have thought and if you use the Inntal route you have to drive past it to get to Stubai. There are 2 glaciers at Sölden plus the Pitztal ones which are also open I believe.

Have fun wherever you end up any way!

Sue Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[b]Samerberg Sue,hi sue, we also are off to stubai on november the 20th, staying in neustift , will the ski bus be free by then do you know
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
According to here, skibus starts from 1 Oct http://www.stubai.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at2/_area/winter/_subArea/1461960/index.html

Basically, any bus heading up the valley is free - yellow ski buses are easier and less crowded at the end / beginning of the day, depending on where you're picked up in the valley. Around 20-30 min journey to the cable car stations, but glacier well worth it.

Wrap up, and be prepared to go to other resorts like Schlick if the weather's bad.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
figg4, According to the bus timetable it is free of charge from Schönberg (i.e. where the road crosses the Brenner Autobahn). Be careful where you book accommodation as the further down the valley towards Innsbruck you are the fewer the number of stops. anywhere from the middle of Neustift will give you plenty of choices. Similarly for returning, there are more buses shuttling between Neustift Mitte than going further down towards Innsbruck. If I remember correctly there are lockers in the Gletscherbahn valley building where you can store your gear so you don't have to hump it around everywhere. I use my car so it is much easier for me!

trickygibbon, they are talking about going pre-season (this coming weekend and the middle of November), so it is unlikely that Schlick will be open before the first week of December at best. Maybe at weekends if we have a mega start to the winter snow. But the start times and closing dates are negotiated with the landowners in advance, so no matter how good the conditions, these are the periods they have to stick to. It looks like Schlick2000 opens on the weekend of 26/27th November if the snow is OK (which is probably will be).

snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thank for all the help
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue wrote:

Wouldn't Sölden be a better shout for you down in the Bodensee area? It is a wee bit closer I would have thought and if you use the Inntal route you have to drive past it to get to Stubai. There are 2 glaciers at Sölden plus the Pitztal ones which are also open I believe.

I thought Piztal would be nearer as well, but a google directions search said that Stubai and Piztal are both 2h44m from Immenstaad am Bodensee. I guess the long drive down the valley to Piztal wastes time compared with being on the Autobahn to Innsbruck. Solden is 5min shorter.

Thanks for all the advice, I think I will find somewhere fairly cheap and drive up to the resort instead of waiting for buses.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Neustift is a good shout, I stayed there mid November last year. Quiet, but there were a couple of bars open. Great snow on the glacier too. We had free shuttle busses provided by the hotel, but as said above you can jump on the normal busses too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clarky999, thanks thats great cant wait
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neustift is the nearest significant village to the glacier.

It's a beautiful place and is very quiet - but with some very good places to eat. And all very reasonably priced! Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bergmeister, Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stevev, have a look at " hotel camping stubai" , i think i found it on booking.com, we stayed there late may and had a good 4 days skiing on the glacier. its in neustift but only a 15 min drive up to the glacier which has a massive free carpark, theres a supermarket nextdoor to the apartments and a good restaurant above the supermarket.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy