Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Web Cam addiction

Poster: A snowHead
Is it normal to look at web cams 3 MONTHS before you know there will be even any snow? Laughing

I still look at web cams from resorts I've been to but am not going to this coming season! rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichardB, oh yes. http://www.trinum.com/ibox/serre-chevalier/images/ratier/serreche_ratier6.jpg
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells, please don't (clicks link!) snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RichardB, snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.vialattea.it/Data/vialattea_it/Webcam/trebialsvalle1.jpg snowy! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
of course

ive been checking the webcams for the resort im going to and the last 2 i went to Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
seems normal to me Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, completely normal...I told myself I wouldn't do it this year but guess what - I have as much self control as a piece of lard and have been checking them every day for the past 3 weeks since we booked our hols!!

Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh glad its not just me either!

Not too keen on the rollercoaster of joy & sorrow as the snow falls then disapears the nex day Sad

I think its helps when you are having a crap day at work to look at the reasons why we earn money to pay for our breaks. (ps been looking at the 3 Valleys cams since I booked in May Laughing )
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
richardb it's perfectly normal. it's not the slightest bit dodgy. i think!! but the most important thing is-only pay any attention to the webcams when the weather is
snowy!!

geoff
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I looked for the 1st time last night for my trip in Jan lol
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That is just a mild addiction!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've even listened to Radio Val d'Isere via the internet before (and after) I've been, especially for the snow / piste report

How sad is that ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, my name is Jon and I'm an addict too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Also addicted!

To the point where google chrome recognises Meribel.net as one of my most visited sites......
ski holidays
I even look when we come back from our hols, just to see what it looked like whilst we were there!! I spotted us on one of the historical views for the last day of our holiday in March - you know the score, "my legs/back/bum hurts I need a pizza and a beer instead of skiing", and there's me and the hubby strolling along the street on our way for lunch!!

Now that's an addiction!!
snow conditions
It'll make you go blind............
ski holidays
No snow lower down but this looks like a start: http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/arabba/en-US/webcam-arabba-1862EN.html?idblock=2688 (scroll down a bit)
First time since last season - except for once looking at Scottish webcams.
snow report
its like waiting as a kid staring out of the bedroom window for it to snow...very addictive
snow report
Quote:

Also addicted! To the point where google chrome recognises Leathercladskiersdobondage.net as one of my most visited sites......

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
There's nothing worse than going on webcams early in the season and seeing some of the white stuff only to return two days later and its all green again. Webcam addiction does make Autumn bareable tho !
snow report
These web cameras make me crazy.

Last year whilst drinking on the patio of the Rond Point in Meribel we got to talking about web cameras. A friend argued that the images displayed on the internet were often faked and not 'real' time.
Knowing the Rond Point patio was covered by a webcam showing on Merinet.com, I phoned back to my colleague in the UK, asked him to work out how often the camera displayed an image on Merinet and then I stood in a good position to be picked up by the camera on it's next 'shot'.
I then asked my UK colleague to to save a screenshot of the image and send it to me on my smartphone! So there I was in Meribel looking at a picture of myself enjoying a beer at the Rond Point on my own phone. How sad!
Actually the picture looked like I was having more fun than I really was, so maybe they are 'faked' in some way!
snow conditions
This time last year I was buzzing with excitement about going out for a season and there was tonnes of early snowfall, but then it turned into a poor season for snow.

This year there's hardly any snow on the cams at the moment (for VT anyway) so I'm hoping that means it will be a good season...
snow conditions
So pleased to read all these comments, I really thought I was the only addict of web cams. I love viewing the resorts I have been to just as much as seeing the one I am planning to visit.
ski holidays
HAZYTRON wrote:
I love viewing the resorts I have been to just as much as seeing the one I am planning to visit.

Yeah..... I also spent quite a while jealously looking at webcams from North America last winter (where I haven't been and had no plans to go).

I also spent quite a while this summer checking out the Aus and NZ snow conditions even though I definitely had no plans to get out there.....

It's definitely a crippling illness.
snow report
I really got the wrong idea about this thread, it seems to be about skiing!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy