Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early season in Tignes les Brev. How quiet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just booking a trip to scratch the itch, 11-18th December in Les Brev.

Assuming good conditions (ahem!) approximately how much of the Espace Killy is usually open this pre-season week? I'm expecting a fair bit still to be closed but would you expect to have enough lifts open to get accross to Val/Le Fornet without getting on a bus? I'm expecting Les Brev. to be even quieter than usual but will anywhere be open for a drink at all?

I'm an addict (skiing and drinking seeing as how you asked) so I'm coming anyway. The reason for the questions is I'm just wondering if it is worth hiring a car to give a few more options if things are not as up and running as in the peak months.

Thanks a lot for any help and advice from those in the know.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sauceboy, we've been that early every year for the past 3 years, fab snow, all area open but subject to weather conditions - we've had some closure due to high winds. We'e always got across to Val d'Isere for the Mens ski racing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot holidayloverxx. I hadn't even thought of the mens ski race. Good call! Also many thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You'd have to be very unlucky for less than 90% of the Espace to be open by then.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sauceboy, We've got a deal around that time but we are staying in val Claret.

Why stay down in Le Brev? Usually go Xmas week and have been mid December a few years back and conditions have always been ok.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm about to book flights for 10-17 Dec. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? Nothing fancy, but half board would be good, Val Claret or Le Brev.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been in Tignes on an Inspired to Ski course the week before that the last 4 years. Usually good conditions with no probs getting about. Had one poor week but still OK and no issues getting around on piste. Couple of times it's been better than later in the season.

Dunno about the drinking, usually too knackered to worry about it after ski courses!

Enjoy,
Gary
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks a lot everyone for the info. I was thinking les Brev because I've been before and had a good value stay in the Chalet Bonjour Bonjour there. I have since been talked into the three valleys (we have done Espace Killy to death in the last few years) but I am now wondering if I might regret it on the snow front. Ah well, I imagine the webcams will be getting a fair viewing over the next 6 weeks!

Anyway Tom Doc if you fancy that week in Les Brev, then google the chalet above. I'm one of the people that a comment on tripadvisor after going because I thought they were good but apart from that I have no family links or interests to declare!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also check out Chalet les Chardons in Brevieres, ridiculously cheap English run half board place, think its linked to above

Val Claret obv a lot better situated than Brevieres if you can afford it
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It was the prices of Chalet les Chardons that made me look at Le Brev, I hadn't really considered it before.

The only problem is that Kat in les Chardons says Le Brev doesn't officially open until the 17th, though it has opened early at the last minute the last couple of years. If it's not open yet, is there a bus to the lifts that are running? It might be cheaper to stay higher up and not have to pay to get to the lifts.

Bonjour Bonjour looks good too, but is dearer than les Chardons.

edited for spelling
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tom Doc
Quote:

I'm about to book flights for 10-17 Dec. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? Nothing fancy, but half board would be good, Val Claret or Le Brev.
I know you said about halfboard but PM me if any interest in our 4 person Val Claret studio. £340 (inc snowHead discount) for that week - you can buy loads of food with the £££££ you save wink.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi we are off to Tignes the last weekedn of November. We are staying with friends down teh valley torwads BStM.
presumably Les brevieres wont be open / able to access Tignes from there that early in the season ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You would need to walk up to Les Boisses to get the bus. That would be quite some walk in ski boots.

The lift to Boisses may well be running, even if the main lifts up are not running.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict wrote:
Tom Doc
Quote:

I know you said about halfboard but PM me if any interest in our 4 person Val Claret studio. £340 (inc snowHead discount) for that week - you can buy loads of food with the £££££ you save wink.

I might do that - just have to see how many of us there will be first. My trips have a way of expanding (numbers wise) once I've decided the where and when!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy